2000 TN75 hi-lo range shift seems stuck - anyone see this before?

/ 2000 TN75 hi-lo range shift seems stuck - anyone see this before? #1  

OnekamaFarmer

Tractor
2000 TN75S Serial# 1191136
My recently purchased 2000 TN75 tractor with the 8x8 transmission & manual shuttle is showing a quirk and I wondered if anyone had run into this situation before. The A-B (Hi-Lo) range shifter won't move lately. The movement of the A-B shifter was stiff when I purchased it in cold February but it did work. Now the high-low range shifter seems stuck in A range. Tried clutching and other combinations of the 1-2-3-4 shifter. I also pulled off the boot and didn't see any interference. Shot some WD40 penetrating oil all around but of course no help. If someone has run into this before, I would appreciate any suggestions.

/ 2000 TN75 hi-lo range shift seems stuck - anyone see this before? #2  
I have a tc30 that get stuck in 4WD and I use the bucket to take the wait off the front end and it shifts easyer if no FEL try the 3PT with back blade that sometime works for me to.

Good luck!

/ 2000 TN75 hi-lo range shift seems stuck - anyone see this before? #3  
On these tractors the early models had issues with the shifters seizing up. Mine is mainly the 1-4 shifter as it doesn't like to slide in and out of the case. Lots of fluid is needed to keep it working properly. It is just something I have gotten use to. When they first came out my local dealer had to go around and really work on them as a lot of them seized up and wouldn't work properly (who worries about trying to spray shift linkages on brand new tractors (or just about any tractor really). Some day I will take the time to get mine cleaned up and working perfect but it isn't a fun task. My A-B is fine and I don't recall if it ever seized up or not but it will take a lot of work to free these up after they seize. Not just a spray and wait issue. Need to actually fight them free and work them a lot till they work smooth.

/ 2000 TN75 hi-lo range shift seems stuck - anyone see this before? #4  
Agree with Robert, spray, wait and once shifter is moving again, keep lubed. Dirt gets in on some and causes seizures/binding. As the shifter linkage wears, not as much a problem, but a little lube still helps.

/ 2000 TN75 hi-lo range shift seems stuck - anyone see this before?
Lubing the shifter linkage from underneath tractor solved the problem. I had to use Sea Foam Deep Creep spray before it worked. Wd40 just wasn't doing the trick.