Hydraulic Replacement Hose(s) for 7108 FEL

/ Hydraulic Replacement Hose(s) for 7108 FEL #1  

SRF34

I cut a hose today (bucket curl release, quick disconnect) on my 7108 FEL (attached to a 1320.) Where do you guys suggest to find replacement hoses? Also, when I do replace the hose will the hyrdos self-purge as I work the bucket and keep the reservoir topped off or are there specific steps you recommend? Thanks, Peter.

/ Hydraulic Replacement Hose(s) for 7108 FEL #2  
I go to my local auto parts store that has a sign "Hydraulic hose made." Problem is they are only open M-S. The other stores that have Sunday hours only have one person trained to make hoses and they only work M-F. I walk in with my old hose. 15 minutes later I am out with a new hose.

On my tractor I just install the new hose and go back to work. Air seems to pump out immediately.

/ Hydraulic Replacement Hose(s) for 7108 FEL #3  
Around here there are several auto parts stores that can build hoses (NAPA, Carquest, ect) and a couple of stores that specialize in hydraulics.

Just look in the phone book for someone near you and take the old one in with you. I can usually have mine made as I wait.

/ Hydraulic Replacement Hose(s) for 7108 FEL #4  
Same here, local auto supply place makes hoses. Take the old hose along and say you want one made up just like it.

I often have a spare bucket curl hose on hand. My loader has four identical hoses and they all get flexed a lot, plus once in a while a get a tree limb up on one which I'm sure doesn't add to their useful lifetime.

/ Hydraulic Replacement Hose(s) for 7108 FEL #5  
I have used these guys in the past. DiscountHydraulicHose.com
It takes about a week to get your order.
I would have some spares made at the same time if your loader is older.

/ Hydraulic Replacement Hose(s) for 7108 FEL
Thanks everyone. My local NAPA made a new one. Now I have another issue. The compression fitting blew off the end of the new hose that was made. Specifically the end that the male quick-disconnect coupler threads on to. The NAPA guys were extremely apologetic and pressed a new fitting onto the same hose. And the same thing happened - fitting blew off.

Specifics:
1) the hose in question blew the fitting when lowering the bucket
2 The quick disconnect male coupler was threaded onto the fitting
3) The male coupler was clean and unclogged
4) The female couple was clean and unclogged
5) I then connected the male coupler only (no hose) into the female coupler and fluid was weeping/dripping (remember the pressure was released when the fitting popped) so the coupler seems to be working

Could the hose have been compromised after the first fitting failure? Swage press faulty? Obviously there seems to be excess pressure at the quick connect. Thoughts?

/ Hydraulic Replacement Hose(s) for 7108 FEL #7  
napa makes hoses loally here.

many times I'll also just get some generic male to male 3/8 pipe coupled hoses and have some ends on hand and make what i need in emergency.. etc.

/ Hydraulic Replacement Hose(s) for 7108 FEL #8  
Sounds like someone doesn't know how to make a hose. I've only ever had one hose fail like yours and it was a cheap pre-made TSC hose that I bought in a hurry.

I just replaced the second bucket curl hose on my 1920 yesterday. First one failed last year so now their both fairly new. These were made by my Case-IH dealer. The NH dealer also makes them and I have a decent hydraulic shop near by for particular fittings.

/ Hydraulic Replacement Hose(s) for 7108 FEL
You were right, Robert. They used the wrong hose. All set once they figured it out.