1983 Ford 1700 - possible thermostat problem; gauge shows overheating...

/ 1983 Ford 1700 - possible thermostat problem; gauge shows overheating...
Thanks rayikeo2.

I will check/test the coolant with the engine running after about 2 minutes.

I understand that "Start" and "on" are two different positions. The batter light stays on after I start tractor and release key to "on" position. Maybe it is just charging - I don't believe I ran it long with the key in the "off" position. I will monitor.

Thanks again - very helpful everyone!!!

Jay

/ 1983 Ford 1700 - possible thermostat problem; gauge shows overheating...
News flash: Drive belt busted!!!

That's why the charge light stayed on. That's why it overheated....

Live and learn. Thanks again.

Jay

/ 1983 Ford 1700 - possible thermostat problem; gauge shows overheating... #13  
Thanks rayikeo2.

The batter light stays on after I start tractor and release key to "on" position.

Jay

Jay,

If the light stays "ON" like the fix you stated above, means that, your charging system has issues such as overcharging, under charging or voltage regulation.

JC,

/ 1983 Ford 1700 - possible thermostat problem; gauge shows overheating... #14  
News flash: Drive belt busted!!!

That's why the charge light stayed on. That's why it overheated....

Live and learn. Thanks again.

Jay

I'm glad to hear that. Not so much as the belt was broken, but that you have a simple fix.:thumbsup:
I like these repairs where there is no harm done, and the cost to repair is low.
What a great forum we have here.:) I learned a few things, and it wasn't even my tractor!

Bill

/ 1983 Ford 1700 - possible thermostat problem; gauge shows overheating... #15  
woohoo :thumbsup: :thumbsup: