My TC - 29 sparked and then went dark....no start ??

/ My TC - 29 sparked and then went dark....no start ?? #1  

brin

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles eas
I tried to start my TC - 29 this AM and everything was in neutral , I turned the key and all dash lights lit up including the glow plug light and then a spark from somewhere up front...a snapping spark sound and all went dead....I had used the tractor a week ago and all was fine...The battery is a month old and is showing 12.5 volts....I checked all the fuses ..they look fine...

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated....The real bad thing is the tractor has my lawn tractors trapped...I can't cut the grass until I get the TC started and out of the way....Unhappy wife...= unhappy life...:)

/ My TC - 29 sparked and then went dark....no start ?? #3  
Bad ignition switch?

/ My TC - 29 sparked and then went dark....no start ??
Bad ignition switch?

I wonder how I can be sure without buying one...I'd sure like to know for sure...I have no lights on dash or head lights....but battery is new and showing 12.5 v it popped when I first tried to start it...like something electrical shorted , then nothing all dark. Thanks I am not good at electrical stuff at all...

/ My TC - 29 sparked and then went dark....no start ?? #5  
I"m not an expert but as you know there are some guys here who are. I"m sure they will help you.

/ My TC - 29 sparked and then went dark....no start ?? #7  
The first thing I'd do is take the battery terminals off and clean them and the battery itself. Put everything back together and give it a go. Springtime humidity is good for causing terminals to corrode. The crackling sound and going dead while fuses are good is a sure sign of a dirty or poor connection. The battery is the first place to start. A good battery can't do good work through dirty terminals.;)

/ My TC - 29 sparked and then went dark....no start ??
The first thing I'd do is take the battery terminals off and clean them and the battery itself. Put everything back together and give it a go. Springtime humidity is good for causing terminals to corrode. The crackling sound and going dead while fuses are good is a sure sign of a dirty or poor connection. The battery is the first place to start. A good battery can't do good work through dirty terminals.;)

Thanks Jim, I cleaned the terminals with my battery tool but the battery is new and there was no corrosion but I cleaned them anyway...still no start...no lights and no power anywhere after the first attempted start and I heard the pop and the dash lights went out...that was it and here I sit...See I made a poem out of it...;)

/ My TC - 29 sparked and then went dark....no start ?? #9  
Did you check the main fuse down near the starter? It's in a rubber cover and should be 40 amps, I believe. The 'spat' could have been something related to the glow plugs since they draw a bunch of current. If the 40 amp fuse is blown, you need to really try to find the problem, maybe the ignition switch as suggested.