Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    ford

Default Ford 1710 wont move

I have a ford 1710 that i used today for about 10 minutes. I backed it in to where i usually park it and now it wont move at all. I have tried every gear and it doesnt do anything. I can actually shift between all the gears without pushing the clutch in and There is no grinding at all. Is the clutch stuck? I know that the gears would grind a little before when i didnt push the clutch all the way in. There have been no issues at all until now.

It actually stopped moving after i backed up and noticed that the 3 point arms were down. I had disconnected my disk and forgot to raise them. After i raised them the tractor would not move. 3 point, pto and loader all work.

Silver Member

What kind of tranny do you have? Is it between ranges or F-N-R?

Tractor
    ford

Default Re: Ford 1710 wont move

No, 12 speed manual

Tractor
    Ford 1710

I don't have an answer but I'll help rule things out (well actually try to learn from others). The PTO spins so unless you have a double clutch then it couldn't be stuck, right? If you do have a double clutch I wonder if you lost half of it? Or I wonder if maybe the yolk that moves the gears could have broken? Also do you have the synchro transmission? (The one with the gears on the steering shaft or are both of yours on the floor/transmission housing?

Tractor
    ford

It has the double clutch, not synchro tranny.

Tractor
    Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E

When you move either of the gear shifters do they feel like they are working properly. Can you engauge the pto without using the clutch.
    Bill

Tractor
    ford

Both levers feel like they are working properly. Im not sure about the pto, never tried moving it without depressing clutch. Will try that later.

Silver Member

I've got a 1720. It has the double clutch l-m-h on the left by the seat, f-n-r up by the steering wheel on the left, and right side of steering wheel is 1,2,3,4 gears. How about your 4wd. Is that fully engaged 2wd or 4wd? Can you pull or push the tractor slightly with another vehicle to see if the wheels are locked?

Tractor
    ford

the 1710 has the two shift levers on the floor. I tried shifting between two and four wheel drive and it didnt matter. I actually had to pull it out from behind the garage with my truck so that i could have it loaded on a flat bed to deliver to dealer. It pulled fine with the truck with both levers in neutral.

Tractor
    ford

Problem solved. Dealer picked up the tractor and told me that when i installed my coldwater fel the clutch lever was hitting the loader support. This caused the clutch to not be fully released and thus it was constantly on. His fix was to grind out a section of the loader support so that the clutch pedal was free. He told me that the clutch finally wore to the point where it wouldnt grab anymore so thats why it wouldnt shift. He stated that i probably wore off 5 years worth of the clutch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imag0810-jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast