new holland boomer 30

/ new holland boomer 30 #1  

beenfarminglong

Tractor
boomer 30
hello everybody hows it going. we got a boomer 30 to do some gardening work with and i have a few questions. first the four wheel drive lever loooks like it has some gear options but i could not get the lever to move into them? next i believe it has the shuttle shift transmission and am curious whats proper shifting. the gears must be synchronized to are you supposed to shift it like a car? ive been trying to find more info out online but most all the youtube videos and google results are for sale adds all stating the same info. thanks guys i hope to learn alot more about this tractor and am loving it so far!

/ new holland boomer 30 #2  
You need to get yourself a owners manual.

I sure someone with a Boomer will come by to help.

/ new holland boomer 30 #3  
I have a 2012 hydro boomer 30 rather than your shuttle shift. Not sure what you are talking about with the 4wd. It is either engaged or not. Engage it only while stopped.

My hydro does have a high, medium, and low gear and that lever is next to the 4wd lever. That also only gets shifted while stopped.

/ new holland boomer 30
thanks for the fast responses guys ill try and take a picture tonight and i think i know where the owners manual might be

/ new holland boomer 30
well after reading the owners manual it sounds like the 4wd lever is only 2wd or 4wd which makes sense and it talks about the mid pto lever being behind it. could that slot be for the mid pto that this machine does not have? it does look like a pto symbol but also looks like it has a 1, 2 and 3 setting? anyone with mid pto have any insight? thanks joe.

/ new holland boomer 30 #6  
that is for the 540 , 750, 1000 pto options available in other markets overseas. as far as the trans goes you can shift through your 4 speeds on the right while rolling just like a car. Forward and reverse is also sycro but i reccomend coming to a complete stop to save wear and tear on the machine. your 3 ranges next to the missing lever are non-syncro so you should change those while not moving.