PTO Lever Creeps Forward When Engaged How Do I Tighten? (pic)

/ PTO Lever Creeps Forward When Engaged How Do I Tighten? (pic) #1  

sweep

Gold Member
Tractor
2006 TC45A
The PTO lever on my TC45A when engaged (on) creeps forward. How do I tighten up the lever so it stays in place? I have enclosed a photo.

My remedy right now is to place a small clamp on the bracket while using it to keep the lever in the rearward position.

Thanks

Attachments

• pto.jpg
    pto.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 185
   / PTO Lever Creeps Forward When Engaged How Do I Tighten? (pic) #2  
PTO lever or 3PH position control lever?:confused: I don't see either one in your photo, but I do see the PTO clutch hydraulic valve.

/ PTO Lever Creeps Forward When Engaged How Do I Tighten? (pic)
Jinman
The PTO lever goes into the valve assembly on the horizontal valve? assembly with the aluminum tube coming out of the front of it..the PTO lever goes in from the drivers side..

On the passenger side the rod comes out but there is just a snap ring. Notice the allen head bolt on top? Is that the tightening adjustment?

Would really appreciate any help yo could give on this.
Thanks

/ PTO Lever Creeps Forward When Engaged How Do I Tighten? (pic) #4  
Okay, I gotta kid you a bit. Aren't the driver and passenger the same person on a tractor?;)

Yep! The PTO lever operates the shaft on the left of the hydraulic valve and the extension on the right side is only a snap ring. There's no way to tighten that as far as I know. However, the shaft should only rotate so far because it operates in a slot in the side console. I know my deluxe model tractor has a side console and the early TC45 gear models did also, but does your lever not operate in a slot that limits it's movement? When you disengage the PTO, the lever is attached to a shaft with an ear welded to it that operates the PTO switch that lights the light on your instrument panel and also sends a signal to the engine start safety logic. That same shaft is attached to the left side of the hydraulic valve as shown in your photo. Can you post a photo of your actual lever? I just don't see how it is creeping forward with the slot will only allow it to go so far. I'm a bit confused because I don't see a problem with the lever moving forward as far as it can go.

I will say that my PTO engages before I get to the end of the lever slot on my tractor, but it doesn't matter that it keeps going forward because that just ensures the hydraulic valve is fully opened.

BTW: One more thing. The hydraulic pipe on the front of the valve is how hydraulic pressure gets into the valve. When the valve is opened, the pressure goes through two pipes you cannot see unless the valve is removed. That pipe on the front is the inlet that brings 0.8 gpm to operate the PTO clutch/brake.

/ PTO Lever Creeps Forward When Engaged How Do I Tighten? (pic)
Jinman
The slot(which keeps the handle "locked" in place ) you are referring to is only at the bottom in the "off" position...in the operating mode pulled all the way back there is no locking slot.

/ PTO Lever Creeps Forward When Engaged How Do I Tighten? (pic) #6  
Okay, I know why I was having such a hard time understanding. I wanted a picture of your levers because they are different from the parts diagram online. The levers you have are shown in the parts diagram for non-FWD tractors. When you look at the diagram, you see that the label is wrong. The diagram is for all gear model tractors and the one I was looking at is for HST tractors. Your lever engages the PTO by pulling back. My tractor engages the PTO by pushing the lever forward in a slot. They are mechanized differently.:confused2: I'd still like to see a photo of your levers if possible.