TC33D Will Not Start

/ TC33D Will Not Start #1  

thclimer

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33D, Massey 1736
Here is the situation, ran little blue (TC33D) about a week ago with no problems, parked her in the garage. Last night went out to start her, turned the key and waited for the glow plug light to turn off then continued to turn the key, starter did not engage, just a very faint tic. Upon investigation of the fuses found that the 10amp one for the turn signals was burned out. I can't imagine that this was stopping the starter motor from being powered. I check the seat switch by pulling the connector and verifying continuity when the switch was made, also checked that the parking break was on. Charged the battery to make sure that wasn't the problem. Tried moving the gear selector into and out of the two neutral positions, confirmed that the rear and mid PTO was disengaged. I'm certainly no electrician but is there an easy way to confirm all the safeties are not stopping the circuit from being completed. Would it be worth trying to find the starter solenoid to determine if power is getting to it? Where is it and what would I connect to verify power? I'll pickup a new 10am fuse tonight on the way home. Thanks for you help, Tim

/ TC33D Will Not Start #2  
Here's a link to a thread that might help you resolve the problem.

BTW, I did a Search of the NH Owning Forum for the words 'wont start'. Of course, I had to first remember this thread. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I hope it helps you resolve your problem.

/ TC33D Will Not Start #3  
Just looked at the schematics for mine and the hazard and turn signals use a 15 amp fuse. The safety switches use a 10 amp, it's fuse 5 in my book. If it was truly a 10 amp fuse blown then I'd suspect it is the safety switches fuse.

/ TC33D Will Not Start
Well it's always the simple things......as David pointed out in his post, either my manual is wrong or I didn't read it correctly, it was the 10amp fuse which was the problem. I left my manual at work so I'll look again at it tomorrow. I wasn't looking at the schematics rather the page which shows the entire fuse block with them numbered and what they do, from what I can remember it was #5. Now why did the fuse blow in the first place? At least I'm back running, thanks for your help, Tim

/ TC33D Will Not Start #5  
The same thing happened to me twice when my tractor was new. The first time was when I had the lights on, and second I think I hit the starter before the glow plug went out. I repeated these mistakes since, but I didn't repeat the problem. Someone awhile back determined that if the battery voltage is low, an over current situation can exist and burn that fuse. The batteries have tendency to sit for long periods of time without starting prior to purchase, so they may not be properly conditioned when first purchased.

/ TC33D Will Not Start #6  
My TC33 did the same thing at 19 hours............When my wife shut it off to fix supper..............The battery was fully charged.........It turned out to be a faulty ignition switch which they eventually fixed under warranty...........If the fuses keep blowing .........Look further........There has to be a reason!! If you need any more info I have copies of the dealers service advisory from the NH ASIST tech system (which hilites the problem) I can fax you...........Good luck...........TOM

/ TC33D Will Not Start
I got my manual and I'm still a little confused (see attached page 1, 2, 3). If you look at page 1 this is the one I was looking at, fuse #5 is the one which blew that I replaced. Looking at page 3 it indicates #5 to be a 7.5amp fuse, it was a 10amp that I replaced. Page 2 is titled the Safety Starting System and seeing the 7.5amp fuse confused me. Maybe its because the sheets are all cut onto separate pages. I think I'll photo copy and tape all together trying to connect all the lines. Something still doesn't match up with the number 5 fuse on page 1 and 3. Tom thanks for your offer to fax me your paperwork, if I have more problems I'll be in touch, I think I'm fine for now. Tim

Attachments

• 310484-Page 1.jpg
    310484-Page 1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 326
   / TC33D Will Not Start
Here is page 2

Attachments

• 310485-Page 2.jpg
    310485-Page 2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 266
   / TC33D Will Not Start
Here is page 3

Attachments

• 310487-Page 3.jpg
    310487-Page 3.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 204
   / TC33D Will Not Start #10  
Looks like you got a wrong manual. Following is the same pages in my manual.

Attachments

• 310529-Tract Man Pg 3-23.JPG
    310529-Tract Man Pg 3-23.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 359