New-to-me TC45DA - getting maintenance going

/ New-to-me TC45DA - getting maintenance going #1  

dgeesaman

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45DA
It's a 2005 with 770 hours, overall good shape.

Whenever I buy a used car/truck I start out changing trans fluid, coolant, oil and filter, fuel filter, wiper blades if they need it. Unless I have proof it was done very recently I'd just rather do it all and reset the maintenance clock.

With the tractor I'm less familiar. HST fluid and filter, Hydraulic fluid and filter, engine oil and filter, engine coolant, come to mind. Anything else?

Also, what spare parts are good to have on hand? (Although it would be understandable if you roll your eyes when I mention that I can swing by Messick's on my way home from work)

David

Pic of the tractor and wife, already adopting it for herself:

1009906_10201521465902590_1604922029_n.jpg

Eh, at least it was mine for the trip home.

/ New-to-me TC45DA - getting maintenance going #2  
Under the hoodd, there should be a maintenance checklist. And, the manual has all that info with the quantities.

There are two hydraulic filters.

Manual recommends change of the of PS fluid, front axle fluid, Sensitrac clutch fluid. There is the fuel filter too.

With the loader included, there are a bunch of zerk fittings to grease every too.

Get some spare fuses, and a spare glow plug timer relay. Search here; other posters have listed out a more affordable drop in replacement.

/ New-to-me TC45DA - getting maintenance going
Will look into that. Hopefully some of these fluids are equivalent to the large stash of automotive fluids I already have.

I was out your general direction last month for the bike ride around Lake Tahoe. Great part of the country.

/ New-to-me TC45DA - getting maintenance going #4  
If you intend to replace the trans/hyd fluid, I would suggest you go synthetic. I had a TC40D, that I installed Amsoil trans fluid in. Cold weather operation was much improved.

Bill

/ New-to-me TC45DA - getting maintenance going #5  
There is some nice riding around my house :D Get out now and then. Tahoe is about an hour and 15 minutes east of me.

Left out, there are two air filters, an inner and an outer.

I'd also note, compared to my previous smaller compact tractor(B series Kubota), my TC40D holds a lot more of everything; motor oil, hydro fluid etc. Be ready to capture8-10 gallons of engine/hydro oil/fluid.

I was surprised when I first got this tractor by the dozens of zerk grease fittings. I think there are over a dozen on the loader alone.

Is yours SuperSteer with the 17 series loader? Cant quiet see in the picture

Heh, I kind of had to put my bike on a transport truck and fly to Reno to do that ride. I doubt I'll be swinging by Sacramento or Shingle Springs although I'd love to do it.

I have the 16LA / std steer TC45DA. I'm keeping an eye out for a copy of the full service manual set.

David

/ New-to-me TC45DA - getting maintenance going #7  
I realize this is an old by todays standards thread, but this weekend I'm going through my own 'new to me' tractor and thought of this thread.
One of the most over looked items with catching up on mainentance sched's are the valve adjustments.
That and cleaning out the oil cooler and radiator fins of dirt, insects, etc.

Thanks I'm still happy to get an answer. I'll clean out the rads / coolers (I assume a shop vac will do fine) and call the seller to see when the valves were last adjusted.

/ New-to-me TC45DA - getting maintenance going #9  
i bought my manual off ebay $25 bucks