Ford 3930 PTO Guard / Shield

/ Ford 3930 PTO Guard / Shield #1  

volunteer

Bronze Member
Tractor
1991 Ford New Holland 3930
When bushhogging high grass the grass tends to wrap around where the PTO connects to the bushhog. Is there some type of shield or guard that could prevent this? Thanks in advance for your help.

/ Ford 3930 PTO Guard / Shield #2  
Operators that remove the drawbar to attach 3PT equipment seem to have more trouble with wrapping on shafts. Is your drawbar in place? Letting short, wide piece of belting drag from the drawbar rear support can help.

/ Ford 3930 PTO Guard / Shield
Guilty as charged, drawbar had been removed. Will put back on. Please explain "Letting short, wide piece of belting drag from the drawbar rear support can help." Do you put a short wide piece of belting drag from the drawbar rear support with drawbar attached? How wide, short approximately and what type of belting material? Hate to be so stupid but I don't want to screw it up.

Again, thanks for response.

/ Ford 3930 PTO Guard / Shield #4  
If your Bush Hog has a rubber front shield, that's the type of material I mean. Something 8-14" or so wide and 12-16" long will do; dimensions can vary quite a bit, I suppose. Use the spare holes in the drawbar support and place washers on the bolt heads to spread the clamp load and help keep the bolts from tearing through the belting. Old round baler, bale thrower, or conveyor belting can be used.

/ Ford 3930 PTO Guard / Shield
I appreciate you taking the time to fill-in the details.