6640 PTO problem

/ 6640 PTO problem #1  

Nomansland55

Tractor
Ford 6640
Mine has the electrical switch to engage it and sometimes out of the blue it won't engage. I checked the switch on the fender for continuity and when on theres juice from the hot green wire to the other green wire but nothing to the orange/black wire. Sometimes you can keep turning on the switch and it will eventually work but for the past 3 days I can't get it to engage. There is power to the one green wire with the key on.

/ 6640 PTO problem #2  
Mine has the electrical switch to engage it and sometimes out of the blue it won't engage. I checked the switch on the fender for continuity and when on theres juice from the hot green wire to the other green wire but nothing to the orange/black wire. Sometimes you can keep turning on the switch and it will eventually work but for the past 3 days I can't get it to engage. There is power to the one green wire with the key on.

Hello
I also have a 6640 that I am looking where the PTO solenoid is located. My switch tested ok, but my module did not. I replaced the module, and it still won't come on. Any clues?

/ 6640 PTO problem #3  
Is the alternator charging? The safety module gets a signal off of the alternator (black & white wire I believe) to tell it whether the engine is running or has been shut off and restarted. Check the output on the large lug on the back of the alternator while the engine is a little above idle and see if it is charging at 12,5 volts or higher. If it is not, then you have an alternator problem (could be abad regulator/brush set bolted to back of alternator). If it is charging, then you may have a break in that wire or a loose connection along that wire's path.