help with tn75s hydraulic system.

/ help with tn75s hydraulic system. #1  

92b16si

Bronze Member
I cant seem to get the hydraulic system to run right, since I changed the fluid. It was leaking from the top of the steering pump, were it meets a black plate with four big bolts. I improvised a homemade gasket, and that seem to stop the leaking. But now the hydraulic pump makes a wining noise at start up and goes away then comes back on , then goes away. The 3pt hydraulic system and steering dont seem to work at the same time. My 3pts wont lift , but my steering will be soft, or my steering would get super hard and my 3pt will work again. If i shut off the tractor and start it up again my steering wont work but my 3pt will. I have no clue why it started to do this. I live in mexico and my nearest dealer is about two hours away. and they seem to suck. I got some gaskets i needed faster by having my brother ship them out to me.

/ help with tn75s hydraulic system.
another note. 3pt jerks all the way until it goes up. anyone have a clue were i could start looking at? or know were i can get a manual for this tractor?

/ help with tn75s hydraulic system. #3  
Not sure what exactly the original leak/repair was. I'm guessing it was the pump mounting gasket(between pump mounting flange and engine timing cover)? If you removed the pump for a gasket replacement, you may have an issue with an air leak on the pump inlet. It's easy to get something slightly out of place when installing the suction plumbing to the bottom of the pump. The symptoms you describe can be caused by air leaks anywhere on the suction side of the system, and since both pumps share a common suction, the leak can affect both. The filter is always a possibilty. Has it been replaced recently, and if so was it tightened sufficiently? The filter gasket can also provide and air leak if it's not fully compressed. Another possibility is the hose clamps on the rubber connector at the filter base inlet. Whenever I get a tractor with these symptoms, the clamps are always suspect. If there is any doubt about the clamps, I replace them. They are poor quality to begin with, and a thick coat of paint often makes them difficult to work with.

/ help with tn75s hydraulic system.
no it was leaking, from the steering shaft were the sproken sticks into a pump. there is a plate with four big bolts and tree half inch nuts you hace to unbolt. I will check the filter and hooses thanks. can i hear the air being sucked in??

/ help with tn75s hydraulic system. #5  
I just had the Hydrolic pump replaced on my TN 70 guy at the shop says thy just wear out. Had many of the same problems you described....