1910 Short Circuit

/ 1910 Short Circuit #1  

sruman

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910
Ok. So, I worked on the electrical system, got all the lights working just fine, and then, during a simple test, I shorted the headlight assemble (frickin stupid on my part). Unreal. Anyway, after a solid 4 hours of testing, I'm stuck. I know that it can't be that hard, but here's where I'm at.
Once it shorted, none of my lights work (hazards, fender lights), nor does my in dash instrument lights (tach, temp, fuel guages).
All fuses are good (tested them), none blown.
Tested the light switch, and it seems ok. the problem lies between the switch, and everything else, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure it out from here. Driving me crazy.
Can anyone, in the name of justice, let me know what the next test item would be?

Sorry to post, and I rarely do, but this has me at wits end. It cannot be that difficult. I have to be missing something simple.

/ 1910 Short Circuit
also, if anyone could dust off a wiring diagram, that would be very helpful.
Thanks guys.

/ 1910 Short Circuit #3  
Blown fusible link. First part in line in the accessory power circuit attached with the positive battery cable at the starter solenoid. Ring terminal at one end, spade connector at the other; about 3" long.

/ 1910 Short Circuit
Nope, fuse is good. So, it has to be the switch at this point. I can't imagine it being the regulator or relay. Would you agree?

/ 1910 Short Circuit #5  
I can post a wiring diagram for a 1910 if you still need one. I will copy out of my shop manual. Let me know.

/ 1910 Short Circuit #6  
Nope, fuse is good. So, it has to be the switch at this point. I can't imagine it being the regulator or relay. Would you agree?

Off the top of my head, I didn't think the headlamp current ran through the ignition switch. But I could easily be wrong about that. Voltage regulator isn't involved, and the safety start relay doesn't affect the dash indicator lamps.

/ 1910 Short Circuit #7  
I would think the 15 amp fuse would blow before ignition switch or light switch would be damaged. Looking at the wiring diagram, it almost has to be a fuse. I would remove the fuses and check them with an ohm meter. I have seen fuses that look OK but open.

/ 1910 Short Circuit #9  
I would think the 15 amp fuse would blow before ignition switch or light switch would be damaged. Looking at the wiring diagram, it almost has to be a fuse. I would remove the fuses and check them with an ohm meter. I have seen fuses that look OK but open.

The glowplug circuit doesn't run through a 15 amp fuse.