Lube filter vs Oil Filter for TC29DA

/ Lube filter vs Oil Filter for TC29DA #1  

kbuegel

Tractor
New Holland 29DA
I am confused on which filter goes where. There are two similar sized filters in the engine compartment of my TC29DA (with hydrostatic transmission, and 14LA loader). There is one "normal" size filter, its marked as an oil filter, and one "half size" filter that is marked as a Lube Filter. Which one is for engine oil, and which is not? Or are they both for engine oil?

I pulled both filters off my tractor to do a full service, and I think they may have been mistakenly switched in the past. They apparently fit interchangeably. The one that I assume is for engine oil is on the front left side down low, and mounts facing upwards. The second filter is on the back right part of the engine (near the hydraulic pump and distribution block) and mounts sideways. It seems like the sideways one would be the half-height filter which would keep it low profile so the hood does not touch it. And not sure if this half-height one is for hydraulic fluid for the HST system, or has engine oil in it. If it is for the HST, then when I filled it with 10-30 engine oil I assume I ruined it.

Also I'm not talking about the 3rd filter in the back on the transmission which I know is the hydraulic filter. It is very tall, so I would call that a double-height filter by comparison.

/ Lube filter vs Oil Filter for TC29DA #2  
The filter on the right side of the engine near the hydraulic distribution block is the engine oil filter.
The filter on the left side is one of the hydraulic sysem filters.

/ Lube filter vs Oil Filter for TC29DA
OK good. So the half-size filter called "lube filter" does get engine oil put into it and does go on the right side of the engine. So I did not ruin this filter, I simply screwed it into the wrong place. Thankfully I did not start the engine or anything, so I think I am fine. And I guess they weren't reversed either, which is great. Thanks!!