TN65 REAR AXLE PROBLEMS

/ TN65 REAR AXLE PROBLEMS #1  

SMTECH

Tractor
TN65
WELL I SOLD MY OLD 3000 TO BUY A TN65. AT ABOUT 3HRS WHILE I WAS SHREDDING THE LEFT STUB SHAFT BROKE.IT WAS IN THE SHOP FOR TWO WEEKS.NOW AT 44HRS THE DIFF LOCK WOULDN'T ENGAGE.THE DEALER SAID I'M THE
ONLY ONE THAT HAS HAD THIS PROMBLEM.HAS ANYONE ELSE
HAD AXLE FAILURES WITH THE TN'S.

/ TN65 REAR AXLE PROBLEMS #2  
They had a recall on the diff lock. They had to pull the right rear wheel and tire and lube the internal linkage with never sieze. I tried using the search to see if I could find the post with the recall number but it wants to give me all NH posts. If I can come up with the recall number I'll check back and let you know. I haven't heard of a tendency to break axles on these but one dealer tech told me it was a possibility if the diff lock didn't disengage when you turned. Maybe that's what happened to yours?

/ TN65 REAR AXLE PROBLEMS
THE RECALL I THINK WAS ON THE EARLY MODELS. THE DEALER TOLD ME THEY THOUGHT THE DIFF. LOCK STUCK AND THAT WHAT BROKE THE SHAFT. I COULD BELEIVE THEM
IF I WOULD HAVE USED IT.SO I WHEN I GOT THE TRACTOR BACK. I TRIED TO ENGAGE THE LOCK AND TURN ALL IT WOULD DO IS PUSH THE FRONT WHEELS. I THINK IT WAS A DEFECTIVE SHAFT IT LOOKED LIKE IT TWISTED BEFORE IT BROKE.

/ TN65 REAR AXLE PROBLEMS #4  
Neither of the TN's that I have had had had either axle or differential lock problems. I have the electro-hydraulic version of the differential lock. A electricic switch on the right hand cab column.

Andy

/ TN65 REAR AXLE PROBLEMS #5  
I have a TN55 that was purchased in 2000. NH Campaign 904 was a recall to correct TN problems with the diff. lock, shift linkage and (I think) the parking brake.

/ TN65 REAR AXLE PROBLEMS #6  
Check your serial number the recall affected all TN series with a serial range from 1109042 - 1221252. They all were to be checked for the following problems Mechanical Diff Lock, Park Brake Linkage, Transmission Linkage. Hope this helps. If you want more detail email me your fax number and I will send you a copy of the campaign.

/ TN65 REAR AXLE PROBLEMS #7  
I have never had a axel problem. I have had my TN 65 since April of 2000 and it has had a hard life so if something was going to break, it would have by now. Let us know if you learn anything else though.

/ TN65 REAR AXLE PROBLEMS #8  
If it was pushing the front wheels in a turn it was engaged. Will it disengage? According to the owner's manual to disengage it you have to step on one of the brake pedals.

/ TN65 REAR AXLE PROBLEMS
Yes it will release the serial number is not in the recall.I talked to the dealer.The metal wasn't cleaned out when the axle was replaced.That was keeping the lock from working. I don't think I want a tractor that has had metal running in the oil for about 40hrs.