removing lever ends

/ removing lever ends #1  

pedalstomper78

Gold Member
Tractor
Case/IH DX33
It looks like I have to pull apart the rear end of my Case DX33 (think of it as a red TC33DA.). To get the fenders off.....how do the balls on the ends of the selector levers (rear and mid PTO, 3point and hydraulic remote controls, etc) off? I see no fasteners on them and it doesn't look like they can be pulled off without breaking them. Any help woukd be greatly appreciated!!!!

/ removing lever ends
Please help!!!! LOL

/ removing lever ends #3  
I don't know but have you tried to unscrew them? I am just guessing as I haven't seen them.

/ removing lever ends
Unfortunately.....it's flat stock that goes into the knob. Rotation will = expensive lol

/ removing lever ends #5  
Take lever of under panel. Knobs are more than likely press fit, which means one time use

/ removing lever ends #7  
Carefully heat them with a heat gun or hairdryer if necessary. Use light pulling pressure,should come off without causing damage so that reuse is possible. Heat them up as well for instasllation.

/ removing lever ends #8  
If they dont screw off. Use a box end wrench the same size as the shaft. Place the wrench around the shaft under the ball and tap upward. Works for me and tap it back on afterward.

/ removing lever ends
Used thewrench method and it worked great! Thx