Seat for TC33D worn out- options ?

/ Seat for TC33D worn out- options ? #1  

Dirtball

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC33D
Comfy seat for the last 14 years but the plastic is spliting. Are there standard mounting configurations ? Northern catalog arrived this week and lots of seats that looked comfy. Tractor is 1999 production , I think the D may have given the suspension seat over the base model? cant recall. Went to get a better seat from the dealer for my 2009 Toro Pro(Ex XMark) and the suspension seat was $700...I've been suffering with the stock seat- Only have to sit in it <50hrs per year.. So I imagine the OEM seat for the Boomer will not be cheap. Can they be recovered or is there a bolt on aftermarket seat....Northern showed some with armrests , that would be an improvement.

/ Seat for TC33D worn out- options ? #2  
Northern Tool, Tractor Supply, Atwoods, Agri-Supply (most farm and ranch stores) carry a universal mount spring suspension seat for tractors. I retrofitted one to my John Deere 332 garden tractor. It is a lot higher up but takes out those bumps in the yard pretty good. I also replaced the one on my Yanmar when I had it. About $100 at most places.

/ Seat for TC33D worn out- options ? #3  
Amazon sells cloth seat covers that are very durable. They fit over the back of the seat and have ties to hold the bottom in place. They help cool your back during the summer and are not ice cold during the winter. They also have pockets behind the seat back for "stuff." They are $19 each, but if you buy two, the shipping is free. I love these seat covers and always recommend them. I've had mine for over two years and my tractor is parked outside. The cover has faded, but not deteriorated.

/ Seat for TC33D worn out- options ?
Thanks , I'll try one. Pockets are needed. Foam is still supportive. Lives in barn out of light.

/ Seat for TC33D worn out- options ? #5  
I love the seat covers as well. Same experience as jinman. Highly recommended. If I had more tractors, I would buy more of them.

/ Seat for TC33D worn out- options ? #7  
Amazon sells cloth seat covers that are very durable. They fit over the back of the seat and have ties to hold the bottom in place. They help cool your back during the summer and are not ice cold during the winter. They also have pockets behind the seat back for "stuff." They are $19 each, but if you buy two, the shipping is free. I love these seat covers and always recommend them. I've had mine for over two years and my tractor is parked outside. The cover has faded, but not deteriorated.

How do these do in the rain? - hard downpours? I always flip my seat up- can you do that with your cover? Foolish cats sank claws- perfect little holes in the vinyl!

/ Seat for TC33D worn out- options ? #8  
I have the one on Amazon and have had no problem with weather at all. Mine is about 5 or more years old and still doing great. BTW, it's on a tc33d.

/ Seat for TC33D worn out- options ? #9  
What ironpen said. . . +1. You can use bungees on the bottom to keep it nice and tight, but my ample posterior and weight keeps it pasted down pretty well.:)

BTW: When I pulled mine out of the box, my first thought was, "I paid $19 for this?" Then I put it on and used it for awhile. At that point I thought, "I ONLY paid $19 for this?" Believe me, if it sold at a NH dealer with their logo, it would be $50 or more.:rolleyes: