Power Shuttle Question

/ Power Shuttle Question #1  

1bush2hog

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TN75
I have a dumb question.

I recently purchased a TN75 with the electo pwr shuttle and would like to know if it will hurt clutch or trans to leave the RPM's high when switching from forward to reverse.

I have to brush hog some really thick stuff and have been basically 'crawfishing' my way thru parts of it. The trans is jerky when I do not throttle down, but if I throttle down so goes the RPM's on my brush hog.

I really don't want to screw up the clutch or trans, but would like to work as fast as possible too, so any input from you experienced gents would be greatly appreciated.

Also, to all that have posted in this forum - you are the main reason I purchased what I did. Thank you all for the experience and wisdom you share because it has certainly helped me tremendously.

Even though I have learned alot, I still have a long way to go too!

Thanks.

/ Power Shuttle Question #2  
Contact your dealer and explain how you are using your tractor and they can reprogram the computer that controls how the power shuttle operates. If they have any questions tell them to check out the Assist Dealer Site. The computer is programable to allow techs to determine how smoothly the transmisison operates so that it can be customized for each user.

/ Power Shuttle Question #3  
Until you get an answer, you can always use the clutch when shifting. I know it doesn't really answer your question, but it could get you by till you have a chance to talk to the dealer.