Boomer 3050 What Do These 4 Filters Do?

/ Boomer 3050 What Do These 4 Filters Do? #1  

Utopia Texas

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650 / Kubota L6060 / Kubota ZD2300
Yes, I realize that filters.....filter but wonder why the Boomer 3050 has 4 filters for the transmission/hydraulic system that has all the fluid in one sump area?
(1) Hydraulic Filter
(2) Transmission Pressure Filter
(3) G-Rotor Pump Filter
(4) Transmission Control Valve Filter
In other words, I do not understand why the one large hydraulic filter is not enough for the whole system since the used fluid is returned and stored in one area.

/ Boomer 3050 What Do These 4 Filters Do? #2  
The HST transmission has its own filter too, but not three of them. The main hydraulic filter is not a fine filter. It is 25 microns, I believe. The HST filters are 10 microns because the HST has far more critical tolerances than the main hydraulic system that runs the 3PH and FEL. Since fluid is drawn out of the reservoir under suction, a filter with too small openings could get restricted easily and all hydraulics would stop working. Suction filters allow more fluid to be drawn through them. By the description of your CVT filters, it makes me think that they are all pressure filters and do critical jobs, each meeting the needs of the specific component.

I'm curious also if each of those filters has the same replacement interval. As with the engine oil filter, they may need replacement more often than the main hydraulic filter.

/ Boomer 3050 What Do These 4 Filters Do?
The HST transmission has its own filter too, but not three of them. The main hydraulic filter is not a fine filter. It is 25 microns, I believe. The HST filters are 10 microns because the HST has far more critical tolerances than the main hydraulic system that runs the 3PH and FEL. Since fluid is drawn out of the reservoir under suction, a filter with too small openings could get restricted easily and all hydraulics would stop working. Suction filters allow more fluid to be drawn through them. By the description of your CVT filters, it makes me think that they are all pressure filters and do critical jobs, each meeting the needs of the specific component.

I'm curious also if each of those filters has the same replacement interval. As with the engine oil filter, they may need replacement more often than the main hydraulic filter.

According to the NH Boomer 3050 Manual.........
(1) Hydraulic Filter Change/Replace at first 50 hours then every 300 hours.
(2) Transmission Pressure Filter Change/Replace every 300 hours.
(3) G-Rotor Pump Inner Filter "CLEAN" every 600 Hours. (Must Be A Screen?)
(4) Transmission Control Valve Filter Change/Replace every 300 hours.

/ Boomer 3050 What Do These 4 Filters Do? #4  
Yep, that all makes sense with the filters. Notice that the 50-hr is a filter only change. That's because the hydraulic filter will likely trap any manufacturing residue from the reservoir, but your fluid is fine and can easily go out to 300 hours. Some folks make the mistake of changing fluid too at the 50-hr mark, but that's really a waste of money for new fluid. Does the CVT transmission have a cooler up front between the battery and radiator?

/ Boomer 3050 What Do These 4 Filters Do?
"Does the CVT transmission have a cooler up front between the battery and radiator? "

Yes, There are three radiators sandwiched behind the battery so I assume from front to back there is air conditioner, transmission and then engine radiator.