3-Point Hitch ford 3000 three point

/ ford 3000 three point #1  

trentonford3000

Bronze Member
Tractor
ford 3000
I have a ford 3000 with a three point that will raise all the way to the top even though the lever is only 3/4 of the way up but below that works properly and no the draft control is not on. any help will be greatly appreciated:confused3::tractor:

/ ford 3000 three point #2  
A few more details will help. I am not really familiar with that model, but more details may help others...

First, did it just start doing it all of the sudden, or has it been that way?

Second, is this only with an implement on, no implement, or all of the time??

Third, when it goes all of the way up, and you move the lever beyond 3/4 to full up, does it sound like it is still trying to raise and making the pump go into relief?? or is it just nothing??

Could be something as simple as a quadrant adjustment, or it could be something screwed up inside.

/ ford 3000 three point
It has been doing it since i bought it last winter. it does it with or without an implement and it does it all the time. and no ot does not sound like the pump is still trying to lift any higher it doesent do anything.

/ ford 3000 three point #4  
without pulling the lift cover you may never know. might be something as simple as someone welded up the cam follower pin or cam and exagerated it so that it reaches thrshold before the lever is up.

the piston unloads / turns off the hyds flow when it reaches stroke via linkage... so since you do not hear pump / relief strain. THAT is working fine.

/ ford 3000 three point
I foregot to add the three point doesent raise past that 3/4 mark and then it will raise all the way to the top. What do you suggest just live with it?

/ ford 3000 three point #6  
already told you what i thought.. :)

/ ford 3000 three point
Thankyou for your help I think i will just live with it:thumbsup:

/ ford 3000 three point #8  
it's not difficult to pull the top cover...

/ ford 3000 three point #9  
Pull the cover and investigate, these tractors are simple.

/ ford 3000 three point
Do you just take all of the bolts out? it has a loader ran off of the tractor hydraulics does this complicate things? is there a gasket to worry about? what would i be looking for (what does it look like)? it will b probably be a couple of days i am busy with random stuff