Ford 1600 help and wiring diagram

/ Ford 1600 help and wiring diagram #1  

spook1

Tractor
Honda
I bought a used 1600 4wd and was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram. The tractor runs great, but the key won't shut off the engine when turned to the off position. The headlights or rear lights don't work either. It will heat the glow plugs with the key, it just won't shut the engine off. It looks like it has a replacement alternator and there is only 1 wire connected from the alternator. I am trying to get a diagram to see how it should be wired and to try to get the key and lights working. Having to cut off the throttle and pull up on the gas peddle to kill the engine gets old. Any help is appreciated.

/ Ford 1600 help and wiring diagram #2  
most tractors that have a key - off setup have a fuel shutoff solenoid on the injector pump itself.

look on the IP{ for a solenoid or module with a wire on it.

if you are lucky.. the wire may just be loose, coroded, or unplugged.

/ Ford 1600 help and wiring diagram #3  
?...... the key won't shut off the engine when turned ......
The key does not turn a diesel engine off.......push the throttle up to stop engine

/ Ford 1600 help and wiring diagram #4  
The key does not turn a diesel engine off.......push the throttle up to stop engine

you've apparently never seen a key-off diesel then before i take it? it's not magic.. it's electromechanical...

/ Ford 1600 help and wiring diagram #5  
ps.. for clarity.

I'mnot saying the 1600 IS a key-off setup. I'm just saying htat if it is a key-off setup. look for the wireing at the fuel shutoff solenoid, and / or the solenoid itself as a first place to look.

/ Ford 1600 help and wiring diagram
I was thinking the key should shut it off. I was even wondering if the key switch might be bad. I am thinking it is something with the wiring as no lights work either. Keep the suggestions coming, and hopefully even a wiring diagram.

/ Ford 1600 help and wiring diagram #7  
---Quote---
The key does not turn a diesel engine off
---End Quote---
that is simply just NOT true. *You post is vauge to the point that it is incorrect, in general terms.

The average newb browsing the internet might fall on this page and think that no diesels anywhere, ever, can be turned off with a key...
---Quote---

Imagine the thousands of noobs that will hit this thread about a 30+ year old tractor that was made for only a few years and get confused and how the world will change because of it. OMG

/ Ford 1600 help and wiring diagram #8  
spook1,

1600 does not have fuel shut off solenoid like some of the newer tractors. On a typical gas engine (with ignition) killing the engine is simple. Diesel does not have an ignition system to disrupt to kill engine. on diesel you kill engine by cutting the fuel either by a shut off solenoid or manually bringing the throttle so low to cause engine to die. That's how I do with my Ford 1700.

JC,

/ Ford 1600 help and wiring diagram #9  
Try the lights when the tractor is running and the key is on. The lights do not work when the key is off. Lights also work without the tractor running if the key is in the ON position. Make sure the key is in the OFF position when not using the tractor or the battery will run down.

/ Ford 1600 help and wiring diagram #10  
on diesel you kill engine by cutting the fuel either by a shut off solenoid or manually bringing the throttle so low to cause engine to die. That's how I do with my Ford 1700.
That system is different from most. Every tractor I have used (older MF, Deere and Allis tractors and somewhat more modern Kubotas) has had either an electromechanical system (shut the key off and the tractor shuts off) or a fuel shutdown knob (pull out the knob and the tractor shuts off)

Aaron Z