3-Point Hitch Broke off a weld.. re-weld vs drill it out?

/ Broke off a weld.. re-weld vs drill it out? #21  
I had the teeth of the box-blade set to their lowest position.

By lowest do you mean dropped all the way down (deepest penetration)?

/ Broke off a weld.. re-weld vs drill it out?
My teeth were set to their deepest digging position as the crown of the trail was hard packed. As promised some photos.

ForumRunner_20131122_134815.png

ForumRunner_20131122_134840.png

ForumRunner_20131122_134906.png

ForumRunner_20131122_134916.png

/ Broke off a weld.. re-weld vs drill it out? #23  
I like to go shallow on hard packed soil and make successive passes going deeper as needed. Less stress that way as I see it. Deeper tines for me right off the bat is reserved for previously worked soils, ie veggie field.

/ Broke off a weld.. re-weld vs drill it out? #24  
Looks like you have the same problem as I did. You look to have the mushroom head pins (not flat on the side against the bar).

Note the extreme rub damage to the side of the bar by the mount from the head of the pin. When mine would do that, the bar became a splitting wedge between the mount pin and the plate, and blew the end off. I would definitely ask for warranty on that. I would suspect that you broke it by lifting, and possibly from bouncing upwards. Tolerances and how likely it was to happen is based somewhat on the thickness of the weld.

I know you have seen my thread, but for anyone else reading, here are photos of the design problem, and the fix. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...258884-boomer-30-broken-stabilizer-mount.html. The fix is simply flat pins.