Oil & Fuel TC-25D Barely Keep it Running

/ TC-25D Barely Keep it Running
Thanks to all for all the exellent suggestions and for taking the time to help out. I thought I would take a moment to pass along good news that the tractor is back up and running. After going down the complete list from everyone, and checking everything mentioned one more time, I was at the point where we took the fuel line off the pump to ensure plenty of fuel flow. At that point my helper noticed the fuel smelled "funny". He had asked me if it had gas mixed with it. I replied no, and as a matter of fact, I explained that once I knew I had water in my fuel (where this whole mess started) I drained the tank and bought a fresh 5 gal of diesel. But I too smelled the fuel and it sure smelled like a gas/diesel mix. We drained that tank and put in yet another fresh 5 gal of diesel and the engine now runs like it was new.

The only thing I can think of, and I need to verify this with a quick test, is that after I added in the "fresh" diesel fuel I added in a healthy dose of diesel anti-gel in the tank since winter was around the corner. I added maybe 5-6 oz to 5 gallons which is way more than suggested. Maybe this is what changed the fuel mixture to this gas like smell, I am not sure. In any event all is well, TU all again.