TC35D ROPS, unexpected logging.

/ TC35D ROPS, unexpected logging. #1  

snowbound

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC35D
A while back I posted about the folding ROPS on my TC35D. The uprights were too close together to raise the ROPS after we lowered it the first time to fit the tractor in the garage.

We sorted that out by putting a (5/8" ID I think) washer on the bolt that holds the ROPS on one side. The way this works is that it makes the folding part of the ROPS spread the uprights a bit - enough so the ROPS can be raised fully. Total cost $0.18.

I also replaced the key-ring style keepers on the hitch pins for the ROPS with "R clips" and this makes the ROPS easy to fold up and down. This cost a whole dollar for the pair. Since the tractor is mostly for snow removal and the ROPS will have to go up and down every time use the tractor, I'm happy to have these instead of the original clips - I wouldn't want to have to mess with those in the winter dark.

But as my brother warned me, getting the tractor meant I would find more things to do with it than I expected. A big old dead willow tree came down in a storm and we moved it with the tractor. I put down the plow (I always leave the tractor with the plow on it) and picked up the palette forks (hooray for the quick attach on the loader). We slid the fork tines together and used them to lift the tree trunk under where we had notched it with an axe and broke the trunk apart. You may well ask where the chain saw was in this picture but aparently nobody felt like going out and buying a chain saw.

When we had the trunk into eight foot logs we spread the fork tines back apart and loaded the logs in a convenient pile. It was a pretty big tree; so it was a good thing we had the capacity of the 16LA loader. (Originally I considered buying a Kubota tractor which would might not have had the capacity.)

Anyone have experience with the log splitter attachment?