tc30 won't turn off

/ tc30 won't turn off #1  

smackaduck

Tractor
New holland tc30
I have a new Holland t30. It will not turn off when key is turned off, however if I pull the light switch out as to turn the headlights on the tractor will go off, this also causes the PTO light to come on.whenever the tractor is running and operational everything works fine, except the PTO light does not come on whenever the PTO is engaged. I have traced all wires down and found no cut wires are chewed wires, I have also cleaned all ground connections that I can find. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

/ tc30 won't turn off
Also it does not do this every time....

/ tc30 won't turn off #3  
Sounds like an intermittent short to ground, possibly in the headlight or PTO switch, or the ignition switch. Do you have a wiring diagram to work off? Also check your fuses and battery, and each relay, etc. for loose/corroded connections, including grounds on the frame.

/ tc30 won't turn off
No wiring diagram, I have cleaned all grounds that I could find find on motor and Frame. this tractor is like brand new and has only been used a few times all wiring is encased or taped as from the factory. What about the safety module?

/ tc30 won't turn off #5  
No wiring diagram, I have cleaned all grounds that I could find find on motor and Frame. this tractor is like brand new and has only been used a few times all wiring is encased or taped as from the factory. What about the safety module?

What about it? Best to not jump to conclusions until you can troubleshoot it completely.
You say it's 'like brand new', so is it under warranty?

/ tc30 won't turn off #6  
Just checked my wiring diagrams and unless I missed something (entirely possible) the only common ground connection between the Kill relay and the headlamps would be through the instrument cluster.
When you shut off the key the Kill relay is looking for a loss of ground. The headlamps are a big enough of a draw to provide that loss.

Your headlamps work with key off?

/ tc30 won't turn off
Just checked my wiring diagrams and unless I missed something (entirely possible) the only common ground connection between the Kill relay and the headlamps would be through the instrument cluster.
When you shut off the key the Kill relay is looking for a loss of ground. The headlamps are a big enough of a draw to provide that loss.

Your headlamps work with key off?

I don't think they work with the key off.. I will check when I get home...so your saying there is a ground connection in the instrument cluster?

And coyote..no its not under warranty, just been in a shop and used very little in its life.

/ tc30 won't turn off #8  
I learned long ago not to take more than a few things for granted when dealing with electrics and printed panels (that I assume the tc has). So yes, that panel is the only direct common place the two circuits actually have anything to do with each other ( just for st's&grins let's just assume I haven't over looked something).
So your tractor won't operate with the headlamps working?

eta:
Just to make sure we're on the same diagram, I have the diagrams for a 2002 TC30.
I don't know the spread of years they are good for.

/ tc30 won't turn off
No it works fine..headlights on or off...pto works fine..The only problem is when I go to kill it..turn key off, tractor continues to run..turn headlights on tractor dies and pto light comes. Pto light does not come on when pto is engaged while running.

/ tc30 won't turn off #10  
My tc 30?is doing the same thing,did you get this figured out