Backhoe TC-40D & 757C Backhoe Need Mounting Advice

/ TC-40D & 757C Backhoe Need Mounting Advice #1  

PineRidge

Tractor
TC-40D SS New Holland
I have a TC-40D with a 757C backhoe. I have no problem removing the backhoe from the tractor but mounting it is another story alltogether. My manual isn't much help in this area. How do you know how far to back into the backhoe to align the mounting pins? If anyone has any trick on mounting the 757C I would sure like to hear them. Any easy ways to move the backhoe after it is dismounted? I'm thinking of lowering it on a 4 wheel furniture dolly so that it can be moved around within the pole barn where it is stored, think it will work? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ TC-40D & 757C Backhoe Need Mounting Advice #2  
I have a 33D with a 757C backhoe. Backing the tractor up into the rails of the backhoe subframe has to be done with some precision. They must be centered exactly so they are lined up to fit into the forks extending down from the tractor frame. You have to back up until the crossmember between the rails is just an inch or two away from the cradle on the tractor frame where the crossmember will be lifted up onto and rested. Then using the stabilizers the backhoe subframe is lifted up. Now you back up so that the crossmember slides into the cradle and the rails should then be aligned in the forks. I have had my tractor for about a month now and have done this three or four times. The first time was a bear and took me an hour, but it has gotten easier each time. There is a good thread in the "attachments" section of this website titled "NH 758C backhoe ?s" which talks alot about intalling and removing the backhoe on a NH.

/ TC-40D & 757C Backhoe Need Mounting Advice #3  
When I bought my backhoe I had to wait for it to be shipped from New Holland. When it arrived at my dealer I stopped to see it and noticed it was strapped to a pallet. I asked my dealer it I could have the pallet and he was happy to give it to me, he had a big pile of pallets out back he wished someone would take away for him. I went to TSC and bought some steel swivel casters and bolted them to the pallet. When I take my backhoe off I lower it onto the pallet and then I can move it out of the way. It also makes it easier to be able to move the backhoe around to align it back up when putting it back on the tractor.
Scott