Ford 1720 Remote hydraulics

/ Ford 1720 Remote hydraulics #1  

Jkerr40

Tractor
Ford 1720
I have a 1720 tractor and I'd like to put hydraulics on it so I can use a wood splitter and maybe put a loader on it. I have heard you can put a kit on it, or tap into the system. Has anyone done this? I'm not sure where to start.

/ Ford 1720 Remote hydraulics #2  
I am looking to do the same to my Ford 540. It has 3-pt hitch but no remotes. There is a blank cover plate just in front of the operator seat where the valves would mount. I am talking to Eric @ Home Page He has a kit for my tractor that believes will work. Says if I "dry-fit" and see if the valves match to the mounting location he would accept a full refund if it does not work. This kit is $319. He is sending a photo of the valves to me tomorrow.

Attachments

• 0308141116.jpg
    0308141116.jpg
    836.5 KB · Views: 421
  • Ford540_3.bmp
    360.6 KB · Views: 385
   / Ford 1720 Remote hydraulics
Maybe he could help me out as well.

/ Ford 1720 Remote hydraulics #4  
I have a 1720 tractor and I'd like to put hydraulics on it so I can use a wood splitter and maybe put a loader on it. I have heard you can put a kit on it, or tap into the system. Has anyone done this? I'm not sure where to start.

I have 1988 1720 4wd on mine it has hyd. block to the right hand side under the foot platform . Asquare block with 3 allen screws and 1 sloted. these run you'r hyd. for a loader. could use this for you'r rear remotes. Hope this helps. Hang on for a while and maybe J.J. will chine in.

I have 1988 1720 4wd on mine it has hyd. block to the right hand side under the foot platform . Asquare block with 3 allen screws and 1 sloted. these run you'r hyd. for a loader. could use this for you'r rear remotes. Hope this helps. Hang on for a while and maybe J.J. will chine in.

Do you have any remotes for your?

/ Ford 1720 Remote hydraulics #6  
Do you have any remotes for your?

At this time i do not have any rear remotes. Last weekend i pick up a ditch mower that will require (2) remotes so I'll be doing the same as you , why dont you move this therd to the hyd. section . Iknow J.J. can tell you the best a safest to do this. i'll be following this thread. If you get this done before i do please give me a shout.

I had made a thread for is on the hyd before I made this one. COB_3693.jpgCOB_3697.jpgCOB_3700.jpg

/ Ford 1720 Remote hydraulics #8  
The block you"r showing is called the deverter box in the manual the top screw is the out to you'r valve the second one down will be where you will return from the valve once you'r lines are in stalled you rotate the screw to run you'r oil through you'r remotes .Let me check tonight and I'll double check how my loader is hook up

/ Ford 1720 Remote hydraulics #10  
Jkerr40 just to let you know,dont turn the deverter screw with out haveing something in stalled (remote or a loader valve) this is a open flow system. turning the screw with nonthing hook up will deadhead you'r pump