TC33D Electrical: flasher lights won't turn off

/ TC33D Electrical: flasher lights won't turn off #1  

buckthorn

Tractor
New Holland TC33D, John Deere x590, John Deere 325, Kubota RTV 900
When I took the tractor out yesterday, I noticed that the flasher lights were on, even though I hadn't turned them on. And the switch on the dashboard had no effect; I couldn't shut them off. After I brought the tractor back to the barn, I pulled two fuses; the second one worked (the other one is for L/R blinkers, I think). Now, a few days ago, I used the tractor to flatten an area of prairie, heavily laden with last year's tall forb stalks, in preparation for a burn. I suspect that some sticks or stalks might have gotten stuck someplace underneath, interfering with the light switches.

I rarely need these lights for anything, but I wouldn't mind fixing this just the same. Can someone provide me with some suggestions or clues about where to look to try and clean out the offending vegetation? TIA, as always.

/ TC33D Electrical: flasher lights won't turn off
I'm not sure why or how water would have gotten in there. The stuff I flattened was bone dry. But assuming that the rocker did take in water, what's the solution? Replace the switch? Does anyone else have a suggestion?

/ TC33D Electrical: flasher lights won't turn off #4  
Switch replacement is common. No harm in trying a hair dryer, I suppose. If you haven't been in the wet, maybe something else is going on.

/ TC33D Electrical: flasher lights won't turn off
Are there other spots worth checking aside from the switch itself and the area around it? E.g., if a foreign object got lodged someplace and is affecting the switch. Thanks.

/ TC33D Electrical: flasher lights won't turn off #7  
My TC33D did the same thing one night a few months ago. At first I thought somebody was trying to steal my beloved tractor so I went outside with a high-power flashlight and a .45. But nobody was around anywhere. I cycled the switch a few times and the flashers stopped. Later that night they started up again. I guess that circuit is possessed so I pulled the fuse, problem solved. It had been raining here but the tractor is under one of those tent-type canopies.

/ TC33D Electrical: flasher lights won't turn off #8  
Disconnect the output connector on the switch and see if the bulb goes out- if it does the switch is bad. If it doesn't, I'd check the flasher next. I'd disconnect the input to the flasher and see if the lights stay on, if they do the flasher is somehow getting 12v (might be part of a larger assembly that is buggered up). If the lights go out, the flasher must be getting 12v on it's input from the input wire, so work your way back toward the switch and see how the 12v is getting on that line, could be the wire has the insulation rubbed off somewhere and it's touching another 12v line.

/ TC33D Electrical: flasher lights won't turn off #9  
My Boomer 35 did that one day, but it turned out to be the switch, some how it got bumped getting on or off of it. Has not done it since.