getting ready to buy a ford 4000

/ getting ready to buy a ford 4000
OK I'm gonna try to pick it up this week....thanks guys a lot! I know nothing about tractors but I am mechanically inclined a have a few friends who are gonna help me change the seals at work with a few overhead lifts and some heavy duty floor jacks

Oh I forgot to ask....is there anywhere I could find d a cheap shop manual...I've googled it but I don't wanna drop $200 just for the manual

/ getting ready to buy a ford 4000 #23  
An I&T FO-30 for about $30 is all I've ever needed.
Google it.
$3K is a good price.
More like $4K-$5K here

Found an I&T FO-31 manual is that the same

/ getting ready to buy a ford 4000 #25  
Found an I&T FO-31 manual is that the same

Yes. Sorry.
You want the FO-31.
8 1/2 X 11 inch paperback style.
About 100 pages.
It's also worth getting an owners manual for it.
Look for originals or repops on eaby.
Lot of info in it about lubing, fluids, ballasting, etc.

/ getting ready to buy a ford 4000 #26  
Yes if it runs like you say I would pay 3k all day long. As someone else said the engine is probably worth that alone. That tractor would go for around 5 here. Looking at the sheet metal I would have thought is a pre '68 model. Seems to me it's a 66-67 model but would have to check my brochures to confirm. Looks to be the first of the all blue 4000 series.

When I change the seals can it be done from the outer hub in or will I have to split the whole rear end?

/ getting ready to buy a ford 4000 #28  
I think it's outer but it's somewhat of a job. A gentleman just did my 4600su and said it turned out to be a little more job than expected.

/ getting ready to buy a ford 4000 #30  
I had one almost identical to that except the USA version. If memory serves me right I think it was a 68. Only think I see missing on yours is there are two covers that cover the steering box below.