New Holland TS110 cab air conditioning

/ New Holland TS110 cab air conditioning #1  

ChuckFinch

Tractor
TS110
I own a 1998 New Holland TS110. The air conditioning works but I know it use to work much better. On hot days it will just keep you from sweating. I have put gauges on it and it runs around 25 on suction and 150 on pressure side. I have added freon but it didn't seem to help. Now I'm afraid I may have overfilled it. Does anybody know exactly what the system holds when empty? I would like to evaluate the system, pull a vacuum, and put in exactly what it is suppose to hold. I have been told that it doesn't take much to effect it's performance both ways. Too full or not enough. And I'm not that good at understanding what my gauges are really saying.

/ New Holland TS110 cab air conditioning #2  
150 on the high side would tell me that you do not have enough freon. The low side should run about 40 lbs. There is such a long run from evap to compressor, that the pressure at the compressor will be a lot lower than the evap... So, you 25 lbs might not be so bad... My TS110 was having problems like this, and I took off the top and blew a bunch of junk and dirt out of the evaporator. Then replaced the filters inside and outside. Your 150 lbs on the high side sounds really low. Mine will run at 210-230 on the high side. After cleaning mine out, I dropped my fuel consumption 10 gallons a day!!!!

/ New Holland TS110 cab air conditioning #3  
I own three ford new hollands... used them for over twenty years.. great tractors but they do like them all need fixin ,, first, the in cab a/c switch.. ok that worked for years.. then & i knew it... my ts110 had a slow leak... so at first i had to add a can of freion every season.. then this fix no longer worked ? tested everything.. then while testing i seen smoke in my cab... found it was the little blk. box with temp probe had burnt up.. just above the drivers door under the cab roof.. hard to replace.. now i think it may have been going bad for years.. ? any remarks or comments welcome