Snow Snow Blower size for Class II

/ Snow Blower size for Class II #1  

blackjack

Bronze Member
Tractor
CaseIH DX33 Farmall
Looking at the Boomer Implement Chart on NH's website, they list a 60" rear mounted blower for the class II. Yet they list a 63" front-mounted blower for the class I. Would a TC33 adequately handle a 66" or 72" blower, or would it be best to stay with the recommended 60" size?

The reason I ask is that a 60" blower would just barely cover the tire tracks.

Many thanks!

/ Snow Blower size for Class II #2  
My TC33D handles my Woods 74" blower with no problem.

/ Snow Blower size for Class II #3  
You should be able to carry at least a 68" on that tractor.

/ Snow Blower size for Class II #4  
I have a Class II Kubota B2910 and a Class I NH TC24D.

Both are capable of running the 60" Farm King blower I recently purchased. If I was buy a blower and ONLY had intended it to be used on the larger Kubota, I would have bought a bigger blower. Something in the 72" range. My local Kubota store has 2 or 3 out on his lot attached to the back of 30 to 35 hp tractors. The NH store had a 60" in stock and I wanted to make sure I could use the blower on both tractors. The NH TC24D won't take much bigger than 60" on the rear, but it is as small as I would consider on the B2910.

So I would say you could easily run a 74" blower with 33hp.

/ Snow Blower size for Class II #5  
Get the SS74. My 33d has no problem with it whatsoever.

/ Snow Blower size for Class II #6  
I'm running a 72" with no problems.

/ Snow Blower size for Class II #7  
Kris -

What kind of chains are those in the 33D picture in your signature photo? I looked forever for something like that to fit the R4's on my TC 33D, but ended up having to go with the ladder style chains (with V-bars), since I couldn't find anything like a duo-grip or similar to fit.

John Mc

/ Snow Blower size for Class II #8  
Go with the 72" blower. It enables you to get closer to objects as you clear snow withour the worry of scraping the side of the tractor, as you turn, your wheels won't track in the snow as much, and even in deep snow, the first pass you make may be a bit slow because it will be the full 72" but after the first pass you could take a pass the width the tractor can handle without slowing down the motor.

/ Snow Blower size for Class II #9  
John,

They are OFA Hakkis. I get unbelievable traction with them. They are incredibly heavy, but they do the job.. I think I paid around $400 for the pair..

chains0.jpg

/ Snow Blower size for Class II #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( They are OFA Hakkis. I get unbelievable traction with them. They are incredibly heavy, but they do the job.. I think I paid around $400 for the pair.. )</font>

Looks like a great fit on your tires as well. Wish I'd seen them before I got my chains! I do get good forward traction on ice & snow with the V-bar ladder chains, but lateral traction won't match what I'm sure you get. That's what I'm concerned about when I start getting in the woods with mine... lots of hills here.

John Mc