TC55DA Died while using and now nothing

/ TC55DA Died while using and now nothing #1  

mattm52

Tractor
New Holland TC55DA
Was cutting a pasture and the tractor died. I restarted it and it went another 100 feet and died again. It now does nothing when I turn the key.

Battery Connections checked at both ends.
Lights work and do not dim when key is turned.
Ignition switch has power going out and also power going out when in the start position.
Neither the Glow Plug, PTO or Brake Lights come on the dash when the key is on and they are engaged.
Fuses have all been checked with a test light and have power to both sides.
Checked under that Tractor to see if anything had become disconnected but could not find anything.

Wiggled every wire and disconnected and reconnected every connection I could find.

Any advice on where to look would be a great help to me and VERY appreciated.

Matt Mendenhall
Site Manager
Girl Scouts of Gateway Council

/ TC55DA Died while using and now nothing #2  
Welcome to TBN.

It sounds like you have blown a fusible link or main fuse that feeds the starter and dash light circuits but left the other circuits unaffected. Not sure if you have a seat switch or not but check there and the PTO switch. Check your owners manual for locations of main fuses. They may not all be in one spot.

/ TC55DA Died while using and now nothing #3  
Sounds like the ignition control module. Not sure where its located at on that machine. My case IH did the same thing. Mine was behind the alarm box. Hidden I sent a hour or so trying to find it.

/ TC55DA Died while using and now nothing
Thanks for the advice. I tried all the fuses, fusible link and jumped every switch from front to back on this tractor. Still nothing. I am not sure if it is possible to bypass the other controllers on here to try. I have a Safety, EHSS and a OHIO controller and am figuring it must be one of these.

Also, should I attempt to bypass the relays that are next to the fuse block?

/ TC55DA Died while using and now nothing #6  
The Icm is what controls all of your safety switches. Is a little chip board. Have you tried starting it again lately?

Yes, I have probably worn out the ignition trying it........:)

/ TC55DA Died while using and now nothing #8  
Does the engine turn over, but just wont start? Well... a very good chance is that it is one of the "safety devices". Either the seat switch or the PTO leaver. Put the PTO in and out of gear a few times and see what happens...

If you have absolutely nothing... i'd be looking at the key lock. Maybe there is something wrong with it.

/ TC55DA Died while using and now nothing #9  
I was thinking a safety switch too. Once the neutral safety switch arm on my TC25D got bent and it took me a while to find.

/ TC55DA Died while using and now nothing #10  
Did you run out of fuel just before the tractor wouldn't start, then fueled it up and thats when it wouldn't turn over?