Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Default Re: Replacing hose, help please.

Brad
    I started to reply to your post Sunday but could not get it posted. Saved the link. Now that you have posted your response I will post all the links including your 2 latest posts.

Its great to see there is a fix for this problem. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Important: Read..

New Holland Owners Read...

Here is the thread on hose replacement.
    Click Here

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

The text of your other post. I closed that thread to keep all discussion here.

Ok I found out something interesting at my dealer today. As I posted a couple of days ago, my hoses are already starting to split that go to and from my oil cooler on my TC29D. For those who also have class 2 boomers, my dealer service manager told me today that New Holland is aware of this issue, and they are replacing the cooler and hoses under warranty. Here is the interesting part.... it is NOT the fault of the hoses. It is the fault of the cooler not flowing freely enough. He told me today that the only way to remedy the problem permanently is to replace the cooler with a new one (different flow of course) and new hoses. If you just replace the hoses, you will be having the problem again soon. He explained to me that even if you get very strong hoses, they will eventually fail because of the immense pressure at those points. So if your unit is still under warranty, get this taken care of asap. If not, you might as well bite the bullet and just buy a new cooler and hoses. Hope this helps someone! Mine is in the shop as we speak. Oh and I also give praise to New Holland. I called them about the problem and they were at my house 3 hours later loading my tractor on a trailer to take it to the shop. I know this is also praise to the dealer, but its good to know that New Holland is keeping up with the current problems.
    -Brad

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

<font color="blue"> This is an issue NH needs to address. </font>
    Rick, if you (or Spencer200) could supply a service bulletin number, that'd be great. I plan on calling my dealer later this morning and asking about it, and also ordering a new cooler. Unfortunately, my TC25D went out of warranty in October. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

On the plus side, installing a new cooler looks as simple as removing 4 bolts.

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D w/ 16LA FEL

I checked the lines on my TC35D the other day and although I did not see in adverse wear to the hose's, I do see rust / corrosion on the two metal elbow's that go through the foam rubber protected hole underneath the radiator.
    I will be bringing this to my dealers attention for repair / replacement on it's next trip in.

Tractor
    New Holland TC29D, 2001

I would also like the service bulletin number. My question though is if the cooler is restricting the flow to cause the hoses to expand up so much then why is both hoses expanding. If the restriction is in the cooler I would think only the pressure side would expand while the other side wouldn't??

Just me thinking I guess

murph

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

<font color="blue"> I plan on calling my dealer later this morning and asking about it </font>
    I called my dealer and first spoke to the Parts guy. He switched me to Service. The Service Manager said he didn't know anything about a service campaign and he was not aware of any re-design of the hydraulic oil cooler. I was going to order a new cooler and install it myself, but if there was no redesign, that'd be a waste of money. So, if I'm going to get this fixed/replaced, I will need a service bulletin number to refer to. BTW, I replaced my 2 hoses this past October.

The only thing I can find on this subject is about poor quality hoses that connect the oil cooler to the lines and how they have been replaced with better quality hoses. I found no information about defective or bad oil coolers I dont know where that person is getting there information.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

<font color="blue"> The only thing I can find on this subject is about poor quality hoses that connect the oil cooler to the lines and how they have been replaced with better quality hoses. </font>
    The Service guy I talked to mentioned this as well.

Typhoon - It's up to you now to get all the details from your dealer. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Default Here\'s what I know as of today

As far as I know, there is not an update to the oil cooler for the Class II tractors. There may be one, but I am unaware of it, and will be checking into this.
    On Class III tractors, there was a change in cooler suppliers roughly at the time the chassis paint changed to dark gray. All Class III coolers are plumbed with high pressure hose, and the later ones have inferior welding at the inlet and outlet fittings, causing mulitple and repeat failures. There is a replacement cooler being tested, it may not have been released to the parts system yet.
    If as Typhoon suggests, there is an updated cooler for Class II's, I recommend owners find out if a campaign is or will be in effect to replace any coolers before paying for an updated part.

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D w/ 16LA FEL

Default Re: Here\'s what I know as of today

Rick
    Can you tell us any more info on the class III cooler concern. Like maybe a service bulletin #, or something that I can convey to my dealer, so they won't think I am just asking for the heck of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast