Carb issue

/ Carb issue #1  

yotehunter66

Bronze Member
Tractor
1983 Simplicity 9518,1948 Ford 8N , 2013 Yanmar EX3200
Before I run down and buy a total rebuild kit for my carb, what should I look at it the carb that won't allow gas to flow until the high speed needle is out 3/4 of the way? It's an updraft off an 8n.

/ Carb issue #2  
If its an 8N with a M-S TSX carb, the needle should be out about 1-1/2 turns and it takes airflow through the venture to depress the pressure at the main nozzle and suck the fuel out of the fuel bowl. The low speed and idle systems have ports above the throttle plate that supply idle fuel and transition fuel respectively. The supply passages to these ports must be open. These carbs need to be cleaned very well and all passages must be clear. the float level must be set correctly. They are a good, simple, pressure balanced carb and they respond well to cleaning and new gaskets, needles etc. For the 8N application I believe the initial settings are ide air 3/4 turns open and main jet 1-1/2 turn open.

/ Carb issue
It is. I have had it off several times and even soaked it in a can of carb cleaner. Sprayed carb cleaner through it and blew it out. Got good flow out of every passage but I will pull it again. Got it down to a science now, pulling it that is.