Oil & Fuel TN70D Oil Specs

/ TN70D Oil Specs #1  

appalachian

Tractor
New Holland TN70D
I purchased my TN70D new from the local New Holland dealer about 10 years ago, and I have always either had them come out to do spring maintenance, or I walked into the parts department and they gave me what was needed to change the oil, lube, and general service. I always used Ambra oil. The dealer has now closed, and I can't remember what grade of oil I have been getting in the past. I looked through the owner's manual front to back and cannot find the recommendations and capacity (I would love to find a PDF service manual). I am located in the Virginia mountains, so I'm thinking a multi-viscosity 5W30? is what I need?

Anyone know the factory recommend grade, and capacity? I know it's a matter of opinion on brands of oil, but I could use a few recommendations there as well, so I can find something on the next trip to town.

I managed to find cross referenced filter numbers for quality brands, but it's still cheaper ($18) to get a New Holland/Case filter from a distant dealer and have it shipped. The local dealer always sold Fleetguard filters though.

Thanks!
John

/ TN70D Oil Specs #2  
15W-40 or 10W-30 CI-4 or higher spec on the oil. Might as well figure 10 quarts, you may have 1 left over for top-off.

/ TN70D Oil Specs
Thanks Rick. What are some of the more popular brands of oil TN owners are using?