hew holland 2120 won't move

/ hew holland 2120 won't move #1  

weedkiller0

Tractor
new holland 2120
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I have a NH 2120. It was working fine. parked it and when I got on it again a few days later it wouldn't move. I am pretty sure it is the HSS module but I'm not sure exactly how to diagnose it. any help would be appreciated. it is a 12x4 transmission with shuttle shift. thanks in advance.

/ hew holland 2120 won't move #2  
I'll ask a few questions that might help someone else diagnose your problem. You can start the tractor, put it in gear, but it doesn't move? Have you tried to cycle through the clutch/brake/shuttle steps? Did you change range to see if it is not fully engaged in a range?

/ hew holland 2120 won't move #3  
Hello I know this is a older post, but I have a 2120 doing the same thing and was wondering if anyone ever fig. this out.

my 2120 will starts and can be put in gear and will go maybe 50-100 yards then act like it slipped out of gear.
tried shifting into all ranges and all gears and still no go.
can let it sit from 30 min to a few hours and repeat the process
thanks
taz

/ hew holland 2120 won't move #4  
I have the same situation and have been battling for years. main module changed as well as fwd/rev swich as wellas other switches. to date spend a lot of money and still not resolved now i'm told it may need solenoid pack at about 1300.00 for just the parts, don't know that it will resolve. they wanted to replace main wiring loom, but since no longer available the just thot a wiggle test would be in order. asked them if there is record of any other similar problems and claim the dealer network list none....odd. can someone help us out here? just buying parts doesn't seem to resolve

/ hew holland 2120 won't move #5  
Sorry I can't be of much help.. Have you tried calling other dealers and asked if they have experienced this? Have you tried PM'ing the older posters here to see if they found a resolve? They might not heck their forum messages, but they do show up in their email also.

Best of luck figuring it out!

Chris

/ hew holland 2120 won't move #6  
Sorry I can't be of much help.. Have you tried calling other dealers and asked if they have experienced this? Have you tried PM'ing the older posters here to see if they found a resolve? They might not heck their forum messages, but they do show up in their email also.

Best of luck figuring it out!

Chris
I have the little brother of the 2120, so I read through such postings to learn all that I can about my 1920.
Oh that forum messages/responses would actually "show up" in my email.
I have to keep a paper log, and check back for response postings.
This TBN site would really be great,........ if it actually worked!!
Photo postings are impossible too!!

Last edited:
   / hew holland 2120 won't move #7  
this was the 3rd dealership. as I said they claim no records in the dealer-wide site with same symptoms (there are several here on this site) so ive removed the dash and side covers to trace all wiring. because the issue has occurred in both fwd & rev., i'm trying to logically eliminate some items such as the fwd. solenoid and the reverse solenoid- but I guess both could be bad-unlikely. going to have to make up a high pressure gauge to tap into pump lines to test but will try to eliminate electrical items first. intermittant seems to indicate electrical, mechanical is usually either operable or broken have factory service manual and a generic need to do more reading this e-hss is a bit complex

I did get email there were replys to this thread

/ hew holland 2120 won't move #8  
It’s the FNR Module , $75 dollar part plus labor comes with a harness , I had th3 same problem

/ hew holland 2120 won't move #9  
It’s the FNR Module , $75 dollar part plus labor comes with a harness , I had th3 same problem

Thanks for the very helpful info, but you were responding to a 2 year old post.
Hopefully the OP has remedied his problem by now.
Would have been nice if he had advised us what he did.