1998 Ford/New Holland 5610S not getting power to fuel shutoff solenoid.

/ 1998 Ford/New Holland 5610S not getting power to fuel shutoff solenoid. #1  

rfun307

Tractor
1998 Ford 5610S
I stopped the tractor long enough to jump off and support something and jumped back on and it would crank but not start. I checked for power at the fuel shutoff solenoid and there wasn't any, so I made a jumper from the battery to the solenoid and it will start right up. My question is does anybody know what might be inline with the solenoid if anything or is it just the ignition switch that fires it. I have an owners manual but it doesn't have a wiring diagram.Thanks in advance for any help you might have.

/ 1998 Ford/New Holland 5610S not getting power to fuel shutoff solenoid. #2  
I have an issue with my solenoid staying on, doesn't shut off with the key, I do it manually to shut her down. I was going to chase it down last spring, but didn't. I'm guessing we have a different but similar issue. I'm wondering if there is a relay in between the ignition switch and solenoid. It's on a 95 3930.

/ 1998 Ford/New Holland 5610S not getting power to fuel shutoff solenoid.
I couldn't find any relays on the panel beneath the ignition switch, and I looked up by the switch as well as I could but couldn't see any relays. I found the fuse box and checked all the fuses and they were all good. I'm not sure but it might just be the ignition switch but I don't know if anything else may be in series with it.

I just took a look at your old thread where they had a copy of diagram for a 3930. I'll pull that instrument cluster as soon as I get time and look to see if there is a relay there. Thanks Happy

/ 1998 Ford/New Holland 5610S not getting power to fuel shutoff solenoid. #5  
No problem, let us know what you find, maybe it'll motivate me to get under there and check mine out

/ 1998 Ford/New Holland 5610S not getting power to fuel shutoff solenoid. #6  
had the same problem on a 3930 a couple years ago. got it to run with a jumper wire also. start and stopped with the key just like it was supposed to do. didnt really like that kind of setup so i kept fooling with it. checked on the diodes. using a ohm meter found out i had some that was bad. cant remember but you get a reading one way with the probes and turn it around you dont. think if the diode is bad you get a reading either way. think in the good ones the electric just goes one way. might be your problem too.

Thanks kydick hopefully I can get out there and work on it next weekend. That'll be one more thing I can check.

/ 1998 Ford/New Holland 5610S not getting power to fuel shutoff solenoid. #8  
the diodes are behind the instrument cluster also . might be 4 or 5 just dont remember.