Ford 1700 stuck clutch

/ Ford 1700 stuck clutch #1  

jones6780

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1700 4wheel drive, Yazoo/Kees Max2 Zero Turn
Well I had my first experience with a stuck clutch. I had my tractor over at my mothers doing a little work and I had to leave it outside uncovered. It rained and was a week later before I got back to finish. When I started it up the clutch was stuck and would not release. I had a middle buster on and I blocked the clutch down and used the middle buster to put a load on it. Made several passes with no luck. Came back several days later and tried again. I moved to an area with tree roots and used the lift to regulate how much weight to pull. I tried to keep the tires spinning but not enough to spin and get stuck. Took several passes but it finally broke loose.
Guess I might need to block the clutch from now on.

Russell

/ Ford 1700 stuck clutch #2  
That same thing has happened to my dad in the past . He ended up having to have the tractor split as we couldn't get it un stuck.

/ Ford 1700 stuck clutch #3  
Well I had my first experience with a stuck clutch. I had my tractor over at my mothers doing a little work and I had to leave it outside uncovered. It rained and was a week later before I got back to finish. When I started it up the clutch was stuck and would not release. I had a middle buster on and I blocked the clutch down and used the middle buster to put a load on it. Made several passes with no luck. Came back several days later and tried again. I moved to an area with tree roots and used the lift to regulate how much weight to pull. I tried to keep the tires spinning but not enough to spin and get stuck. Took several passes but it finally broke loose.
Guess I might need to block the clutch from now on.

Russell

Hey Russell,

I'm afraid blocking is the only sure thing to do. I have a piece of high $$$ 2x4 that I use winter or summer and always block. Knock on wood, so far I have never had a stuck clutch.

JC,