TN60DA engine won't shut-off with key/4wd indicator on all the time

/ TN60DA engine won't shut-off with key/4wd indicator on all the time #1  

Bigdog6440

Tractor
Kubota L5740HSTC John Deere 755 MF 135
Working on a friends Tn60DA with electro/hydraulic front wheel assist. The engine will sometimes continue to run after the key is turned to off position. The tractor is new to my friend but the previous owner told him the engine could be stopped by pushing the thermostart button which does work even though it seems a little strange. Any ideas of how to troubleshoot this issue?

Second problem is the 4wd engaged indicator is on all the time even with the switch turned off.

Any thoughts on these two issues will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Darrell

/ TN60DA engine won't shut-off with key/4wd indicator on all the time
Working on a friends Tn60DA with electro/hydraulic front wheel assist. The engine will sometimes continue to run after the key is turned to off position. The tractor is new to my friend but the previous owner told him the engine could be stopped by pushing the thermostart button which does work even though it seems a little strange. Any ideas of how to troubleshoot this issue?

Second problem is the 4wd engaged indicator is on all the time even with the switch turned off.

Any thoughts on these two issues will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Darrell

Update: I was able to determine that the cause of the engine run-on after the key was turned off was the key switch itself. The problem was intermittent but I was able to get the problem to appear and with the engine running and the key switch in off position I unplugged the fuel shut-off solenoid and the engine immediately stopped. A new switch on order from the local dealer.

As far as the 4wd indicator dash light on all the time-I was able to verify that 4wd is engaging and dis-engaging with the switch on the RH console. I then tried to verify that the pressure switch that should open when pressure is sensed was not working. I disconnect the wiring from the switch but the dash light stayed on. Either I am on the wrong switch or there is a problem in the dash with the indicator light. Any thoughts on this? More to come.....
Darrell