260C Shuttle shift

/ 260C Shuttle shift #1  

Bradbilt

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 260C, Ford 8N, NewHolland GT22,
Ok guys. Was using the tractor a bit today shoving back snow piles.
About 45 min into doing so when I went to settle from forward to reverse, I had nothing. Just like I put it in neutral. I put ti back in forward and nothing.

Little back ground. When loader was installed , they put the clutch disconnect switch on the loader handle and disconnected the left foot operated one. I thought maybe that was it so I kept hitting the disconnect button but no difference.

Then I shut tractor off and restarted it. Everything worked normally.

This happened about 4-5 more times in the next 45 min.

Any suggestions?

/ 260C Shuttle shift
buler??

/ 260C Shuttle shift #3  
I would check the continuity of the switch with a multimeter. With the switch not depressed is the circuit open or closed, then when it is pressed is it the opposite? If the switch checks out then I would see if you have continuity where the wires attach to the solenoid. I would assume its one of four things, fuse, solenoid, switch, or wires.
Since the switch is not original, I would not be surprised if the wires where not run correctly and one has broken.

/ 260C Shuttle shift
Thanks. I already had to reroute the wireing over the summer because it was sub par so I know that is good. I am Guessing it is the solenoid because it resets itself when I turn the key off

/ 260C Shuttle shift
I found my problem. It was happening more constantly. On od the wires has a break in the insulation and the wire was corroded and making intermittent connection.

I cut out the bad spot and spiced in a new piece with heat shrink butt connectors. I ahem been using it for the past 6 months and it hasn't kicked in to Neutral even once