will an 8 work for this

/ will an 8 work for this #1  

capt_met

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat B300
I am looking at buying a tractor for limited use mainly to operate a couple attachments. The attachments I'm looking at are a small chipper, perhaps stump grinder, box blade and rarely bush hog. also tractor may pull an aerator and topdresser. I was wondering since most of the pto attachments I'm looking at the tractor would be not moving if an 8n or jubilee would be adequate. Will probably run turf tires on whatever tractors I buy. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

/ will an 8 work for this #2  
8N would probably do the jobs you mention.
But I would buy the Jubilee two to one over the N. Primarily because the Jube has live hydraulics and also because of the rediculously fast reverse in the 8Ns.

/ will an 8 work for this #3  
Jubilee for sure would be a much better option.

/ will an 8 work for this #4  
I hear parts are not as common for the NAA series as the N series tractors especially hydraulic items

/ will an 8 work for this #5  
It will do it but for the extra $1000 you'd like a newer unit better (NAA, Jube, 600 etc).

/ will an 8 work for this #6  
I would opt for a newer tractor with live PTO, power steering, diesel engine and possibly an HST transmission. Those old Fords were great for 70 years ago, but they did require lots of maintenance on the ignition system to keep the points and condenser working right so it would start. I can sure remember my Dad working on our 8N a lot with Carb and ignition tune-ups frequently.

What with the gasoline used today getting stale in 30 days, I want as few gas engines as I have to have.