PTO direction

/ PTO direction #1  

OhioGuy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 1220, Case 245, Cub SZ60, Cub 2284
I am looking at a 4 foot tiller made by Yanmar and I remember a posting awhile back about 95% of the rear PTO devices run CCW and some non standard (I believe it was Cub Lowboys) ran CW. So I'm looking for a CCW implement, correct.

Is it always advisable to have a slip clutch on a tiller. What else would you use a slip clutch on?

Any observations on the Yanmar stuff in general?

I am sooo anxious for spring!!!

Thanks,
Curt

/ PTO direction #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is it always advisable to have a slip clutch on a tiller. What else would you use a slip clutch on? )</font>

Slip clutches are advisable on any implement that may have their rotation stopped suddenly, and are used to protect the tractor PTO. Snow-blowers can be run with slip clutches. The alternative is to buy shear pins by the gross.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Any observations on the Yanmar stuff in general? )</font>

You might have more luck if this was posted in the Yanmar forum.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am sooo anxious for spring!!! )</font>

No doubt.

/ PTO direction #3  
Remember that the yanmar tillers hook up funny.. The change the 3pt geometry. Make sure you have room for a slip clutch before you go to cutting up your pto drive shaft.

And yes... you'll probably get many more answers in the yanmar forum.

Is this yanmar tiller going on a yanmar tractor?

Soundguy

/ PTO direction
Here's a picture of it. I want to hang it on my 1220. It's an Ebay auction but the guy is local so I emailed and asked if I could come take a look at it.

I hadn't thought of the three point not being compatible, if he gives me an address I'll go look and see if the geometry is similar to my rotary cutter.

Thanks for the advice.

Curt

Attachments

• 377056-RS1200.jpg
    377056-RS1200.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 646
   / PTO direction #5  
Curt,
He is using the typical 3PT hook-up on the Yanmar that every tractor uses. The top link for a Yanmar tiller is completely different than the standard one pictured.
If he is using it like that, chances are you will have no problem at all. Oh yeah.......I use a Yanmar tiller behind my TC18 with a standard top link and have no problems.

Jerry