Where to tap in FEL / Backhoe hydraulics: Ford 1700

/ Where to tap in FEL / Backhoe hydraulics: Ford 1700 #1  

bdoyle

Tractor
78 Ford 1600 & 81 Ford 1700, 1980 Bobcat 720
I have a 1700 tractor that has evidence of having a front loader installed at one time. I just picked up a LW-6 backhoe and I was thinking about tapping into the 1700 hydraulics. But exactly where???
Thumbnail pics are Side view, Rear view and Front. The center block is a loop that previous owner had a cement mixer hooked to. Thinking I should just use external pump but then I have to hook the tank up.

Attachments

• hdy_pump_side.jpg
    hdy_pump_side.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 125
  • hdy_pump_rear.jpg
    hdy_pump_rear.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 116
  • hdy_pump_front.jpg
    hdy_pump_front.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 128
   / Where to tap in FEL / Backhoe hydraulics: Ford 1700 #2  
I have a 1700 tractor that has evidence of having a front loader installed at one time. I just picked up a LW-6 backhoe and I was thinking about tapping into the 1700 hydraulics. But exactly where???
Thumbnail pics are Side view, Rear view and Front. The center block is a loop that previous owner had a cement mixer hooked to. Thinking I should just use external pump but then I have to hook the tank up.

What happened if you just used the center block that the mixer was hooked to

/ Where to tap in FEL / Backhoe hydraulics: Ford 1700 #3  
A backhoe with no loader to counterbalance it sounds like front wheels often in the air. Planning a loader as well?
Jim

/ Where to tap in FEL / Backhoe hydraulics: Ford 1700
Well, originally I thought the loader did not use the aluminum block but one of the other plugs. But anyway I did hook up the BH to the aluminum block and it works great. I did drag home a 770a loader today so now it all waiting to go together. I hope those blocks stack. Probably maxing out capacity on pump but I'll try it before going to pto pump.
As far as the light front end, you can pick up a wheel with one hand. I had to move out of the garage and had to stack three bags of concrete on the front frame. Even still the tires left no marks in the dirt, but I got it where it needed to be.