I hit 50 hours yesterday...

/ I hit 50 hours yesterday... #1  

KrisHansen

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33d
So I was out play...er, working with the tractor to chop up some ice, and rolled over 50 hours.. Yippie. So, the thing to do is change ALL of the fluids, and their filters (engine, hydro, fuel) right? I could look in my book, but it's at home..

So far, I am absolutely in love with this thing. It's done everyting I've asked it to easily. The only gripe is the noisy hydraulics in cooler weather, which I think I might remedy with the lighter hydro fluid..

/ I hit 50 hours yesterday... #2  
Kris the operator's manual calls for:

Hydraulic Filter
HST Filter
Engine Oil & Filter
Fuel Filter

Too soon for the hydro oil, although you will need about a gallon for the 2 filters that you will be changing.

There are a couple of other checks to be made but by that time you will have your book.

/ I hit 50 hours yesterday... #3  
As important as the filters and oil is a thorough stem to stern check for loose nuts and bolts, etc. I just hit 50 on mine a couple of weeks ago, didn't take long, did it?

I asked about the lighter fluid, dealer did not recommend it. Mine quiets down after it is warmed up, so he said the fluid that was in it is a better all season oil.

Brad

/ I hit 50 hours yesterday...
Thanks guys! I'll see if I can find my manuals (joke..)

Yeah, it actually took a lot longer than I had thought to hit 50 hours.. I got in back in July..

/ I hit 50 hours yesterday... #5  
Get your priorities straight /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have 65 hours on mine since October and have yet to cut a blade of grass. Mine showed up during my drainage project, so I have put it through quite a bit of mud.

Hope you get to use your blower more than I do, this has been a dry winter here in the southern adirondacks with only two storms with enough snow to use the blower. I use the rear blade for most stuff under 6".

I also use for everything under the sun, including taking the garbage and recycling down to the road. Like you, I am thrilled the thing so far.

/ I hit 50 hours yesterday... #6  
I took me since June to get to 50 hrs which I hit a month ago. For the class II owners out there, I put a 14LA loader on a TC33DA last week, I thought I was deaf when I raised the loader, it made almost no sound what so ever. The only thing different I could see right off was that the steel lines on the loader were bigger than on the 7308. Thought some of you might be interested.

/ I hit 50 hours yesterday...
Interesting... Why did they not put the 14la on the 33d? Makes me kind of bummed.. The 7308 is kind of clunky looking on the sleek 33d, the la style loaders are much better looking for these tractors.. Not that I am overly concerned about looks mind you..

/ I hit 50 hours yesterday... #8  
I can't say for sure why they did it that way, but my guess is they had alot of 7308 loaders left from the 20 series tractors to use up. That's my guess. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ I hit 50 hours yesterday... #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( So I was out play...er, working with the tractor to chop up some ice, and rolled over 50 hours.. Yippie. So, the thing to do is change ALL of the fluids, and their filters (engine, hydro, fuel) right? I could look in my book, but it's at home.. )</font>

I'm stuck at 35 hours, and I've had my machine since October. It's way too wet here to even take it out of the barn. My dealer will pick it up at 50 hours and do a complete 50 hour service at no charge. (Is this normal?) There were several minor things wrong with the tractor when it was delivered, but I figured I would wait until the 50 hour service to get them fixed. I had no idea it would take until March or possibly April!

/ I hit 50 hours yesterday... #10  
I got my TC40 end of July. Had 53hrs on it by end of september. Then had to park it for Deck Construction, Moving, and hunting season. Then the snow came "46hrs" more. sitting at 99 hrs now with the real work to begin in the spring. Landscapping an apple tree planting. Am really enjoying all the tractor time. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I see a couple of you have snow blowers where did you get them Local Dealer seems high$$$$