New Holland 499 Haybine Operation

/ New Holland 499 Haybine Operation #1  

sqdqo

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 492 w/Quicke Q750 loader
A buddy borrowed my tractor and attached his New Holland 499 Haybine and then went out of town. I need to remove it and the pump but can't figure out how to pull the pump off the PTO shaft. I can't see a pin to push or collar to twist or pull. Any help would be appreciated.

/ New Holland 499 Haybine Operation #2  
The pump just slides off. There should be a torque arm that is chained to the draw bar. Unhook that and slide the pump right off. It's a heavy sob so be ready for it. The hoses will fight you if they don't have some slack in them.

/ New Holland 499 Haybine Operation
The chain is unhooked. I pulled, shook, twisted and prayed with a bar and it doesn't move at all. There's nothing touching it

The pump just slides off. There should be a torque arm that is chained to the draw bar. Unhook that and slide the pump right off. It's a heavy sob so be ready for it. The hoses will fight you if they don't have some slack in them.

/ New Holland 499 Haybine Operation #4  
Well unless there is something different with a lock collar, mine just slipped off. The pump needed to be picked up a little bit and pulled straight back. That dam thing weighs a good amount too. Have you tried twisting thr pump back and forth? The splines may be shot and it rotated and jammed on the pto shaft if it is badly worn.