T4.75 Power Star transmission problem

/ T4.75 Power Star transmission problem #21  
Parking Brake floor mount.JPGParking Brake Handle Installed.jpg

/ T4.75 Power Star transmission problem #22  
Thank you, How long did it take you to install it all. I think it would be a good investment.

/ T4.75 Power Star transmission problem #23  
Wow. Let me get this straight. A few hundred bucks (retail, which we know is inflated beyond imagination compared to what it would cost NH to put it on the machine) puts a hand brake on a tractor which doesn't have it in the USA because there is no regulation demanding it? And this is on, what class of machine.. I'm just throwing out a number here, because it's way out of my league - $80,000 machine? I would say, if this is what is going on, this is a perfect case in point of why we need more regulations in the USA, and not less.

New Holland should be required to put the brake on every machine and not charge a dime.

/ T4.75 Power Star transmission problem #24  
I installed in three steps

1st step took about a 1/2 hour I installed the brake handle and cables. I slid the right brake cable over the transmission so I didn't have it hanging below and temporarily cable tied the ends up so they wouldn't fall down.

2nd step took about an hour and I waited for the fuel tank to be almost empty so it wouldnt be too heavy. Had to remove skid plate sending unit wires, 2 tank straps, and 2 bolts,holding fuel lines to the inboard side of tank then I was able to slide it forward enough to R&R the rear tank bracket install the brake cable and put the tank back together.

3rd step was the longest as I had to remanufacture the right bracket. I bought a duplicate right bracket for my tractor so if I screwed it up totally I'd have the original to put back on. Using part of the wrong bracket I got from England, the duplicate and the engineered drawing I welded up the new one, painted and installed it on the right side. It was probably about 3-4 hours total but the install and adjusting was under a 1/2 hour.

I can't say enough for the folks in England they helped a lot in getting all the parts together!!

/ T4.75 Power Star transmission problem #25  
Wow. Let me get this straight. A few hundred bucks (retail, which we know is inflated beyond imagination compared to what it would cost NH to put it on the machine) puts a hand brake on a tractor which doesn't have it in the USA because there is no regulation demanding it? And this is on, what class of machine.. I'm just throwing out a number here, because it's way out of my league - $80,000 machine? I would say, if this is what is going on, this is a perfect case in point of why we need more regulations in the USA, and not less.

New Holland should be required to put the brake on every machine and not charge a dime.

Worst yet NH is telling their dealers in the US that the hand brake isn't available!! Even though the tractor is built in the same plant in Turkey as all of Europes T 4.75s with hand brakes. I was willing to buy the entire setup and put it on when I first got the tractor but was told by the NH rep through my dealer it wasn't available and if I did add a handbrake or pedal brake it would void my warranty. It's out of warranty now so.....

/ T4.75 Power Star transmission problem #26  

The problem with hand brakes in tractors is people forget about them and drive through it and burn up the brakes. Was a real common issue with the smaller 2x50 and 2x55 John deeres that were built in Germany. In eruopean countries they are more accustomed to hand brakes, since manual transmissions are still very common there.

/ T4.75 Power Star transmission problem #27  
Update - I added the hand brake switch NH # 84142375 it plugged right in with the existing wires/plug and it works fine. The Parking brake warning light comes on with either Park or the hand brake. I also ordered the screws that attach it. If you forget and start to move with the parking brake on all the warning lights on the dash flash and the warning tones go off.

Attachments

• 2018-02-02 14.51.57.jpg
    2018-02-02 14.51.57.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 166
   / T4.75 Power Star transmission problem
Next time I am at my NH dealer, I have to inquire about that. Well done Jackfr! BTW. Just for curiosity and update sake, I still have the T4.75 and besides loose hose clamps leaking coolant and a new cutting edge for the bucket, all has been good. A few more months and the tractor is 5 years old.

/ T4.75 Power Star transmission problem #29  
Re: T4.75 Power Star transmission problem/

Here's an update on my t 4.75/handbrake. A very helpful individual from across the big Pond (Great Britain) Helped me find all the parts to install a hand brake on my T 4.75!! All bolted right in with no modifications to the tractor except one bracket which had to be remanufactured because it was no longer available through NH. I was able to get an engineered drawing of the bracket which helped make it. I now have a hand brake in this tractor!! Didn't realize how much I missed a hand brake. I very rarely if ever use the the transmission "parking Pawl/brake" anymore. If anyone wants the information on the handbrake let me know and I'll pass it along.

FYI----- Just a note, I don't know how many know this, but the Case/IH Farmall 75C is the same tractor as the T4.75, only a different color. you can find the parts manual at Messicks. I don't know about the availibility of the parts
messicks.com/cas/48217?sectionId=56361&diagramId=48217_898651