T4.75 Power Star transmission problem

/ T4.75 Power Star transmission problem #1  

DieselMonk

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland / T4.75 Powerstar & Boomer 1030, Case 580 SM II, Mahindra 1526
Soo guys... here I am again... been a while, but things are busy. This is my second 2013 T4.75 12x12 with only 160hrs on it and I got transmission problems again, but this time it is different. My chore was to bring in 8 cords of firewood from the wood pile with the front loader and dump it down a chute to the furnace room in the basement. So I go High range up to 3rd gear either in forward or reverse (didn't bother turning around each time) as its only like 500ft to travel. Had about 60% of the 8 cord of wood already dumped in the basement, about half way to the wood pile in high range 2nd gear, I hear a noise as if a cable let go that operates the loader or the range shifter. I can shift all gears and all ranges but when I put the transmission in park, the tractor rolls away as if it is in neutral. Had the mechanic down and to my surprise the cable is actually good, but the leaver on the tranny that would lock the transmission in park turns around freely! What must have happen is the pin inside the transmission broke off and went through the gears... the noise would be sounding the same than I heard. Luckly I still have 1 month warranty! So my dealer is picking this week my tractor up for repair.

My question is: Does anyone with their 2013 T4.75, 3.2L with a 12x12 have any tranny problems (besides the usual blah blah like can't shift in and out of Park because of an adjustment)? This is my second one... DANG IT!

/ T4.75 Power Star transmission problem #2  
I had a clevis fall of the cable causing park not to work on our T4.75. Simple fix. Nothing internal though. Keep us posted. Wonder if this tractor can be upgraded with a hand parking brake? Anyone know?

/ T4.75 Power Star transmission problem
The euro version has a normal hand brake. Anyway... my tractor is at the dealership right now. I know about the usual cable problem, but my problem is inside the tranny. Oh well... thank God for warranty! :D

So I got the tractor back and it was covered under warranty. I guess that parking pin did brake off inside and went through the transmission. Damaged gears, a barring and that pin of course. To date I have no idea why that pin did brake off, as it happened during driving and I didn't shift anything on the range leaver at that time. I guess that this arrangement with putting the transmission in Park, is a weak link on that tractor. What happens if one would park the tractor on an incline and the pin brakes? It's like your tractor is in neutral. Nothing holding it back. :(

Went out to use my T4.75 today and noticed some oil on the floor. The transmission is leaking oil out of the 1-2-3-4 shifter linkage that goes into the transmission. Probably some rubber O rings on that shaft that are gone, is my best guess right now.

Put in new seals and things are good so far. Same seals for the gear shifter are on the the range selector shifter that goes into the tranny right rear.

/ T4.75 Power Star transmission problem #7  
Did you put in new seals yourself or did dealer take care of it? Thanks for your updates!

I let the dealer come down and repair it on the spot.

/ T4.75 Power Star transmission problem #9  
where did you see the info on the Euro Model T4.75 with hand brake?

wasn't any info, I cant remember if it was a vid or a pic. Those guys over there get bigger front tires too and 55hp, 65hp and 75hp engines to chose from.