TC34DA Beeping sound

/ TC34DA Beeping sound #1  

MD09

Bronze Member
Tractor
Hew Holland TC34DA
Just back from Service from a good dealer.

I was working skidding logs and moving wood in a roungh cut. The tractor bouncing, and the alarm sounds. No indications of any kind, lights or gauges down just the beeping.

Shut down and check the fluids all good.

Started up and no alarm. Bounced a few feet further and the alarm sound again.

Earlier in the morning, I had a minor off road excursion with the truck and trailer ( Tractor on board) to avoid a head-on. When I stopped the Tractor alarm was beeping. So what causes the alarm and how do I silence it?

/ TC34DA Beeping sound #2  
I don't have one on my TC26DA, but I bet your rig is newer, I should think it would be a back-up alarm. I will assume yours is also hydrostatic drive. See if there is a switch that bumps up against the hand lever when your forward, neutral, reverse lever is put in the reverse position. That might be sticking or in poor adjustment. My PTO warning light is frequently illuminated because of a poor adjustment of the switch.

/ TC34DA Beeping sound #3  
Check your parking brake lever. My tractor has an alarm that beeps if the parking brake handle is not fully released and you try moving the tractor or if the switch is out of adjustment. Also beeps if you get off the seat without applying the parking brake.

/ TC34DA Beeping sound #4  
… off the seat without applying the parking brake.

Oh ya, I forgot about that beeper ;) I have my seat safety switch defaulted. That one is a pain in the patootie.

/ TC34DA Beeping sound #5  
Oh ya, I forgot about that beeper ;) I have my seat safety switch defaulted. That one is a pain in the patootie.

I think you actually have the switch "faulted" not 'defaulted' as it were. :drink:

/ TC34DA Beeping sound #6  
Bypassing the seat safety switch is the first thing I do. Might not be the right thing, but I'm not a fan of them.

Chris

/ TC34DA Beeping sound
Gents, Thanks for the input.
My seat switch is bypassed. The parking brake is an idea. I will take a look when I get home tonight. The tractor's previous owner left it outside for it life. I have now put it in doors and cleaning and lubing everything.

Mine will beep if I engage the brake and get out of the seat (Seat By-passed) with the power off sometimes. Guess I need to start checking switches and cleaning connections.

Funny, worked it hard clearing down trees for the new place and skidding logs at a clear cut. The clear cut is rough and I think the brake switch might be engaging it is a very short throw.

Cheers

/ TC34DA Beeping sound #8  
I think you actually have the switch "faulted" not 'defaulted' as it were. :drink:

Actually that depends on how you look at it; it's always in the on position ;) I jammed a block of rubber in the mechanism so that it is always activated. Seat switches are silly safety devices that would be much better served by a tethered dead man kill switch. At least then you can stand up to operate the tractor when that becomes necessary, and the thing won't toggle on and off when my light-weight B-hind is going over bumps. The most dangerous thing on my tractor (other then the PTO when something is attached to it) is the cruise control button that does not disengage when you touch the brakes, be careful with that thing :|

Try hooking the seat switch back up, I think it works in reverse to what you might expect.

/ TC34DA Beeping sound
Ok So the seat switch has 4 wires going to it. Right no wI have the "button strapped down ( in) and the tractor works. How would one wire around it?

/ TC34DA Beeping sound #10  
With out looking at the wiring plan, I am lazy, I think two wires are the interlock and two wires are the noise maker. Having said that now I am not sure. But I had the standup problem , mostly when swapping front implements. I have a handle assembly on my joystick for a grapple valve so I just used a spare position to jump out the seat interlock. Stand up, forget to push the switch, the buzzer goes off , time delay to the engine kill, push the button , all is good, sit down and let go of the button. I documented this someplace a couple of years ago maybe in customization.