Tires Calcium filled tires?

/ Calcium filled tires? #1  

OhioGuy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 1220, Case 245, Cub SZ60, Cub 2284
Based on the old theory that there are no stupid questions,
when I check the rear tires on my 1220, they read somewhere in range of 15 LBS. They don't look low and they are filled with some type of fluid. The tire calls for 30 LBS I believe. I tried reading them with the stem on top thinking they're not completely full of whatever they're full of, but they still read around 15. Next I thought I'd just add pressure to get them to 25 to 30. They must be taking air, I can hear the gurgling. Do I just have two bad valves?

What a quandary!

On another note,

I took my snowblower off the Cub on Saturday thinking if it snow again I could use the FEL, then we got a foot of snow on Tuesday and I discovered the downside of FEL snow removal. Still better than a shovel though.

One more week till spring!!!

Curt

/ Calcium filled tires? #2  
While a 1320 isn't a huge tractor, those rears are a little bigger than a car tire. Keep adding air until you get to where you want to be.

They should be in the neighborhood of 75% full of fluid.

Some will start telling you to get rid of the fluid, I prefer it - right tool for the job if you need weight. Be sure to rinse off any little spills, and you will be fine.

Some gauges work better, some worse with fluid contact. I'd worry more about a bad guage.

--->Paul

/ Calcium filled tires? #3  
Ibelive what the tire says is donot exceed 30lbs in seating beed, 15lbs should be close for loaded tires on that size tire. I only run 10 in mine. Full width of tire should contact ground, not just the center of tire, to full the machine will ride awfull hard,bad for your back, and no traction, the tires should flex and not ride like a rock

/ Calcium filled tires? #4  
15# (or less) is not unusual for filled tires. Most people I know tend to run liquid filled tires at a bit lower pressure than ones that are air filled.

John

/ Calcium filled tires?
Thanks guys,
I'll try another gauge. The post about the stiffer ride reminded me of summer before last when the drought really took its toll on the soil (dry and hard as rock), I deflated the tires a bit to ease the pounding on the tractor and my back.

Curt