2004 TC40DA hazard flasher

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #1  

kartingdad

Tractor
New Holland TC40DA
Been having to do a lot of driving on the road and have been using my hazard lights for safety reason, but sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I checked the fuse and the switch and they are both ok. Is there a flasher unit like a car has to make a blinker work? Where is it located? Thanks Don

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #2  
Don,
Not sure exactly about your TC40 - my TC33 was behind the instrument panel (Tach/etc) I removed the 2 screws and there is a standard flasher unit there you can change easily. FYI - the fiberglass was very brittle and cracked when I removed mine.
Good luck

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #3  
Been having to do a lot of driving on the road and have been using my hazard lights for safety reason, but sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I checked the fuse and the switch and they are both ok. Is there a flasher unit like a car has to make a blinker work? Where is it located? Thanks Don

Yes, there is a flasher, but I too do not know where it might be on your TC40DA.
On my Ford 1920 it is on the engine side of the firewall (in plain sight), but yours certainly could be elsewhere.
My original, old style (bi-metalic?) flasher type, apparently is prone to early failure.
I now have a new solid state flasher, which is reported to be long lasting.

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #4  
It actually isn't an automotive type flasher, it's a control unit that is a NH only part and it isn't cheap. Here are the relevant pages on that from the service manual.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 413
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 457
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 350
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 274
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 286
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 789
   / 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #5  
It actually isn't an automotive type flasher, it's a control unit that is a NH only part and it isn't cheap. Here are the relevant pages on that from the service manual.

I do agree that the NH flasher replacement is ridiculously expensive.
For that reason, I searched for an alternative for my Ford 1920 flasher system.
You can go to ef32rl.com for installation information.
The manufacturer is ceclighting.com, and their part number that I used is: X000XQA2JX.
I bought it on E-Bay for $14.99 ( 2 Prong LED-Compatible Turn Signal Flasher Relay EF32RL + Bracket + HARNESS )
Can't say that particular part number would work for you, but you might contact CEC, and ask what would work for your application.
We all know that Ford/NH does not make their own flashers.

Last edited:
   / 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher

Yeah, it's $175.00 from new holland (Messick) . Will try to do the test and see if that will show anything, might just buy a snow plow flasher and mount it to my rops and tap into the wiring that I have for the lights I mounted on the rops.

The part is Made by C.O.B.O. there number is 19,060,000 anr it is a ag part, must be used on more than just the TC line?

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #7  
Yeah, it's $175.00 from new holland (Messick) . Will try to do the test and see if that will show anything, might just buy a snow plow flasher and mount it to my rops and tap into the wiring that I have for the lights I mounted on the rops.

The part is Made by C.O.B.O. there number is 19,060,000 anr it is a ag part, must be used on more than just the TC line?

I spent a lot of time trying to cross the part number over and buy it somewhere else. I found the manufacturer but couldn't find the part anywhere but NH. I eventually ended up getting one for free, along with a few other parts, from the dealer I bought my used tractor for as an "I'm sorry" for some incomplete work their service department did when I bought it.

In my case, the control module turned out to not be the issue but then I managed to rip the lights of the ROPS working in the woods several times so I never bothered with digging into it further. Once I build a brush cage for the operator platform, I'll remount the lights and figure out where my problems are.

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #8  
I retrofitted my 1715 with a standard 2-knife flasher unit that anyone can buy from any auto parts store for $2.99. Simple process, takes no time (at least on my 1715)

Edit: If it's intermittent, I would trace ALL of your flasher wiring. I had intermittent flashers after installing the new flasher relay, and the wire insulation was broken in several spots. I repaired them, and now have reliable flashers!

Chris

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #9  
The module controls turn signals and flasher functions. It would be difficult to replace it with an automotive flasher if you wanted to keep both functions. Here is the wiring diagram from the owner's manual.

View attachment 455580

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #10  
The module controls turn signals and flasher functions. It would be difficult to replace it with an automotive flasher if you wanted to keep both functions. Here is the wiring diagram from the owner's manual.

View attachment 455580

My tractor doesn't have a turn signal function. Good to know his does though.

Chris